《10》

The next morning, Natalya woke up, missing a certain someone's warmth beside her.

She turned to her side, noticing the crumpled beddings on the side of the bed.

Her fiance had left, so it seems.

Natalya laughs as she notices a small parchment of paper on top of the desk.

'Good morning, my Queen! I hope you slept well. If you happen to be looking for me, I'm probably somewhere being scolded by McKenna

PS; There's some Strawberry Cake on your table, I baked it myself :)'

He was simply too good for her at this point. How much more perfect of a spouse could he be?

Natalya certainly does not regret being engaged to someone like him. Men of his kind were ultimately rare in this world.

She stood up, fixing her robe as she walked towards her vanity mirror. She starts to comb her silvery white locks, humming a soft melody she had heard as a child.

~*The Remarried Empress*~

"Your highness!" Olga shouts, rushing towards her as she held a picnic basket in hand.

Olga was wearing an emerald green chemise, her chestnut brown hair tied into a neat braid, with the finest emerald earrings on her ears.

Following after her was Polina, wearing an azure blue gown, her blonde hair tied up in an elegant updo. Cold to everyone but emotional when it came to her benefactress.

Natalya was touched by their beauty but kept her composure as she strode up to them, her baby blue skirt, swaying softly with the wind.

"Yes?"

Her soft and melodious voice rang through their ears, encapsulating their attention to only focus on her.

"His majesty, the emperor, has called upon your presence, your highness.."

With lowered heads, they said, stiffly, clearly not happy with the message at all.

Natalya frowned, looking at the garden in sadness.

"Alright.."

It's not like she had any choice anyway.

She walked beside them as they escorted her into the Emperor's palace.

She looked at the hallway, admiring the familiar surroundings.

Despite being a cheater, Emperor Osis III was a wonderful ruler and did many great things for the Empire.

Natalya couldn't help but applaud the late Emperor.

At least Emperor Osis III listened to his wife rather than his mistress.

Meanwhile....

"Are you sure that this is the right direction, Marquis Gennadiy?"

An emperor with platinum blonde hair asked his secretary, now looking like he was about to murder.

He clearly was not amused at all. Frost was starting to build up in the horizon.

His secretary, Gennadiy, who looked like he was about to pass out, looked at him fearfully, panicked as he flailed his arms in the air.

"F-For sure, your majesty!"

The Emperor massaged his temples, irritated by his response.

"Then why are we walking in circles?"

Gennadiy flinched at his tone, bowing his head profusely. He didn't want to lose his life yet.

"We are almost there, sire!"