《02》

Natalya woke up in the middle of the night, feeling thirsty.

She did not want to wake her friends up because she knew they needed rest after the stress the insolent woman put them through.

Standing up quietly from her soft queen-sized bed, she carefully lifted a lamp from her bedside table, putting on her indoor slippers.

Natalya walked silently towards the door, not wanting to wake any guards or servants nearby.

She sighed in relief as she walked towards the palace kitchen, with a dimly lit lamp in hand.

As she was walking towards the kitchen to get some water, she saw the Empress walking towards the Emperor's office.

She halted her soft feather-like footsteps as Navier's presence peaked her interest.

'Um..It wouldn't be bad to listen in on their conversation, right?'

Natalya had began to be sceptical about Sovieshu's behavior ever since the insolent woman came into light.

Giving in to her curiosity, she listened in to their conversation.

"You called?" Empress Navier asks him, after being called into his office.

There, she was greeted by the Emperor, laying on the sofa comfortably, with the top buttons of his shirt, exposing his chest.

"Ah, Empress.." He perks up, smiling at her, musing the aide to leave.

"I heard you've escorted the lady I've detained.."

"When you should've cast her out instead.."

"I only did it because you so expressly punished her.." Navier retorted clearly offended at his way of addressing her lady-in-waiting.

Natalya gritted her teeth in anger as she heard how uncaring Sovieshu had become.

"Why can't you be just obedient and follow orders?" Sovieshu asked her.

That a struck a nerve in Navier, making her gaze darken.

'... follow orders..?'

"The Empress isn't someone who can be ordered around, following your every beck and call, your majesty.." She stated a matter of factly.

"That's why I can't help but compare you three!" Sovieshu suddenly raised his voice, shocking Navier.

"... Compare me..?"

'With whom..?' Navier asked in her mind.

That was it. It was final. Natalya had enough of it.

Natalya turned to her heels and left, until she was met with Rashta, the rumored runaway slave her ladies-in-waiting told her about.

Rashta was about to approach her when Natalya walked past, ignoring the white haired dog.

How could Sovieshu have changed so much for that insolent fool?!

It made Natalya sick to her stomach, walking back to her quarters, forgetting the thirst for water she felt.

~*The Remarried Empress*~

"Really? Prince Heinrey is also arriving today?" Natalya asked her ladies-in-waiting.

"Yes, your majesty!" Polina replied, smiling cheerfully.

"He requested to visit the Northern Palace just to see you, your majesty!" Olga exclaimed.