Day-3 Merfolk

Kongpob walks beside the seashore enjoying the beautiful weather while the waves caressing his legs. It was a beautiful full moon night and there was a soft breeze caressing his hair.

As Kongpob was walking, something caught his attention. He saw a young man trying to drown himself in the sea. As his hero instinct kicks in he runs to save the drowning boy.

The more Kongpob tries to pull out the boy from the sea, the more he struggles to free Kongpob's hold.

"Khun! I know you are having problems in your life but suicide is not a solution for any problem" kongpob tells him while pulling him out.

The boy gave him a stinky eyes " what the hell are you doing human? Let me go!"

And the boy keeps struggling to leave the grip of Kongpob.

"No! Let's talk and make everything better. Now please stop this and come with me"

"You little human let me go! I am running late"

"No you are not late. You are too young to die. You still have lots of time in your life" 

After lots of push and pull, Kongpob succeeded in bringing the boy to the shore.

Once they got out of the sea, Kongpob froze in place when he saw the man in front of him. Seeing the frozen state of Kongpob the boy slapped him with his tail and swam back to the sea.

Kongpob couldn't believe his eyes. He just saw a half fish and half human. Kongpob can't actually believe that he saw a mermaid...no,a merman.

Kongpob doesn't know when he fell asleep on the beach. When he opened his eyes it was when the sun shines brightly.

When kongpob wakes up he recalls last night's events and shakes his head as what a weird dream he had. Kongpob gets up from the sand and tries to dust his shorts and that's when he sees that he has something in his hand.

It was a necklace, it was a simple thin chain with a big oval shaped locket. The locket is adorned with a big ocean green colored stone. Then Kongpob realized that he indeed saw a merman last night and it wasn't a dream.

It's been a month since the incident on the beach. Kongpob was looking at the full moon while standing on his balcony. Sighing softly he looks at the necklace holding in his hand. It was shining brightly under the full moon.

Kongpob tried to return the necklace by visiting the beach every day for a week in the hope of getting a glimpse of the half human. But luck was not with him as he never got to see the merman. He even thought of throwing it to the sea but he was afraid that it wouldn't reach the owner. Sighing softly, Kongpob thought to call it a night and went to bed.

While sleeping, Kongpob had a dream. In his dream he was drowning in the sea. He doesn't know how he got there. And strangely enough he doesn't feel suffocated while drowning

After drowning for a while, Kongpob was stunned to see lots of mermaids and mermen swimming and playing around. He can see lots of sea plants and fishes near him. Then the realization hits him that he's now standing on the sea bed.

He was too engrossed in his own thoughts that he failed to notice the approaching man.

"Khun!" The man calls for him and Kongpob turns to him in daze.

"Are you the one who was summoned by our king? Our king is already waiting for you. Please follow me to the king"

Kongpob nods his head dumbfoundedly without understanding anything and follows the merman.

While following him he observes the merman. He was really a beautiful man. He had big eyes, long lashes, a long nose and thin lips. He had curly hair of shoulder length and his tail was a beautiful ocean blue color. He also wore a simple diadem on his head. It was a simple thin chain around the head with a small ocean blue stone adorned.

They stop their track when they reach the destination. Kongpob gasps in surprise when he sees the castle in front of him.

It was such a big and beautiful castle. It looks like it's made of glass. Everything is made of ocean blue colored in the castle. Kongpob feels like he is in a fairytale. He feels like his palace-like house is a hut in front of the castle.

As he enters the castle he sees that the tail of the merman disappears and leg appears. Now he is wearing something similar to a pakama in the ocean blue color. He also sees  some mermaids and mermen inside the castle. They all have an ocean blue colored tail and wore a diadem. They didn't wear any other ornaments.

Kongpob's eyes finally landed on the man who is sitting on the throne. The throne is placed above some steps. The king looks older than the other mermen he encountered on the sea. He was so handsome, he also had long curly hair. Kongpob notices that the king has ocean blue eyes. He wore a beautiful crown decorated with blue and white stones. His face oozes power and strength.

"Welcome to the merworld young man" the king greets him in his powerful voice.

Kongpob, shivering little hearing from the king, still managed to nod his head meekly to acknowledge the king.

"Do you know this young man?" the king asks him, pointing at someone who is standing below the steps. 

Kongpob looked in the direction and froze in his place when he saw the man.

Tbc.

Author's note

I fall sick after 3 days of KongArt week 🤒 I haven't written anything beforehand so it took me some time to write this. I have once finished writing, editing and I pressed select and instead of copy I touched paste🤦😭 so all my chapter got deleted and something I have selected previously pasted. I could have undoed it but I forgot about it and closed the page 😭😭 so I couldn't do it. It was supposed to update at yesterday half past to ten and I messed up and I had to write again 🤦😭 and it is half past to two 😴 I wanted to update it before sleeping today and I finished writing at least 😍 I don't have enough strength to edit this now 😖 so please forgive my mistake 🤗 thanks for reading ❤️