Neighbors 3

Kongpob looks at his new friend who is happily sipping his pink milk while dangling his legs with a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Phi, you don't want to watch stars today? You have been staring at me since we arrived" Arthit asks with a frown.

"I feel like watching the sun today, " Kongpob says in a soft voice.

"Sun? You will be here till morning? Won't you feel sleepy?"

"Nothing, you just finish your drink and go to sleep I am also going to sleep "

"Then don't you want to watch sun? Aren't we waiting for the sunrise?"

"Nope,we can watch sunrise on another day let's go to sleep now "

Kongpob says while climbing down the tree.

Kongpob was wide awake in his bed. He knows that what he feels for Arthit is not just a brotherly love or friendship. And he feels scared of his own thoughts.

He is a boy and Arthit too, and Arthit is just a kid he doesn't know if it's wrong to feel like this towards a kid. Will he understand his feelings?

But Arthit won't be a kid forever right? He will grow up one day. And maybe he will understand him better when he grows up a little, Kongpob consoles himself before drifting to sleep

An excited Kongpob jumps off the fence to reach his favorite place. When Kongpob reaches the place he frowns at the sight that welcomes him.

Arthit was crying, hiding his face in his tiny hands. A panicked Kongpob dash to Arthit and lift his tear soaked face in his trembling hands.

Arthit's chubby face looks swollen and pink due to the crying, Kongpob slowly wipes the tears from Arthit 's cheek with his thumbs before hugging him closer to his chest.

"Arthit, baby what happened? Why are you crying? Did your mom refuse to give you pink milk? If it's the reason don't cry, phi will bring you all pink milk in this world for you " Kongpob says drawing soothing circles on Arthit's back.

Arthit shook his head and look up from his chest. He clumsily wipes his snot from his nose before stuttering the reason for his cry.

"Phi….. mae.. mae said that she doesn't want our tree in her yard. She.. Sai… said that our tree is annoying and the fallen leaves and fruits create a mess in her yard and it's difficult for her to clean the yard. Phiii I don't want our tree to be dead...phi please do something. Please save our place phiii."

Saying that Arthit pulls Kongpob closer and hugs him tight and starts sobbing in his chest.

Kongpob feels like his world just crashed in front of him. He doesn't know how to comfort the crying younger and how to protect their tree from Arthit 's mother.

"Arthit, look at me. Phi got an idea"

Mrs.Rojnapat was walking to her yard to check the mango tree. She was never a fan of cutting trees. But she can't bear the tree in her yard. It's fallen leaves, fruits and birds and animals which stay in the tree or came for the fruits annoys her so she thought of getting rid of the tree. She already informed some people who agreed to help her with the tree. But she is worried about her youngest son who threw a lot of tantrums and cried a lot.

When she reached the tree she frowned at the sight, her baby and the brat from the neighbor house was hugging the tree from both sides and looking at her with tearful eyes.

"Mae.. this tree is our place mae.. we won't allow you to kill our tree" 

"Yes aunty, we won't allow you to kill this tree. "

"Yes mae, if it's because of the cleaning of the yard my phi will clean the yard every day, right phi?" Arthit asks, looking at Kongpob.

Kongpob looks at him in a disbelief while Arthit trying to hide himself behind the tree to escape from the looks Kongpob gave.

"Yeah…. yeah.. aunty I will clean the yard every day" Kongpob agrees half heartedly to protect their tree.

15 years later

"... and that feels like yesterday when we shifted to this place and all the drama regarding the cutting tree happened. And I still remember how our mae used to say how brat is Kong and how mae used to argue with aunt Suthilick how disrespectful is her son while her baby Oon is the best without knowing that all the while both mamas were arguing these two little rascals were dating behind our back. And today here we are all gathered to congratulate the newly wedded couple. Wish you a very happy married life Oon and Kong. And Kong, remember this if you dare to hurt my little brother I won't think twice before strangling you. Also Kong, I have a request, please at least for today spend your time in the hotel room which we specially booked for you not in the tree like two little monkeys" Mike ends his speech earning a loud laugh from the guests and a glare from Arthit. 

Later that night two newly wedded husbands were sitting on their favorite tree which witnessed all their journey from friendship to lovers to husbands. It was always his dream to spend the night with Arthit as husband. 

Kongpob looks at the sky and it's a beautiful full moon night slowly Kongpob looks down at Arthit whom he was hugging close to his chest. Arthit had rested his head on Kongpob's chest, one hand hugging his waist and the other hand carrying his pink milk. Kongpob smiles at the sight, nothing changed and will change if there will be any change then that will be his love for Arthit which is deepening day by day.

The end.

Honestly I don't know what I have written. If you ask me if I am satisfied with the output then I am not sure. I just hope I did okay. It's been like a year and finally I finished the work. And there are two more unfinished stories in this book . My sincere apology for the delay and thank you so much for waiting for the update. Hopefully I will finish the next chapter of INB soon as I have already started working on the next chapter and will update soon.