Day-4 Adoption

Kongpob and Arthit have been married for nine years. They got married after dating for five years. In their married life they never thought of having a baby. They were happy with themselves. 

Arthit was waiting for Kongpob in his bedroom. Kongpob already informed him that he will be late because he has a business meeting. 

Kongpob enters the bedroom and smiles seeing Arthit was waiting for him.

"Hey" Kongpob greets him with a smile and plants a soft kiss on his forehead "why are you still awake? It's late"

"Nothing I just wanted to go to bed with you"

Kongpob looks at him with narrowed eyes " just spill it already. I know you have something in your little head"

Arthit hesitated for a while before starting to talk " Kong, do you remember once you told me that you always wanted to have a son?"

Kongpob thinks for a while before answering Arthit "yeah why are you thinking about that? Didn't I tell you I am happy with you?"

"Nothing, it's just that I wanted to ask you if in our future we ever think of having a baby would you mind if it would be a girl?"

Kongpob exhales loudly and take Arthit's hands on his lap " why are we having this conversation now? When we clearly not want a baby. I told you before that having a baby is not as easy as we think. It's not just bring them home and provide them some materials"

"I know. I know we talked about this but Kong I can't help. I really fell in love with her. I just wanted to give her a home" 

"You fell in love with who?" Kongpob asks in a high voice.

Arthit slaps his shoulder lightly with a frown " stupid! She was the baby I was talking about. Remember last week when I went with Dad to the orphanage which he runs, I met her there. She was new to the place and I immediately felt a connection and I really wanted to bring her home"

Kongpob looks at him with a dissatisfied look and gets up from the bed and starts to undress " I am going to take a bath. You go to bed I will join you with no time. And yeah stop visiting places with my dad which are not relevant to our life" saying kongpob leaves to the bathroom.

Arthit looks at the closed door dumbfoundedly. He shakes his head and takes his corner of bed and tries to sleep.

After getting out of the bathroom kongpob settles on the bed and looks at Arthit who's back is faced to him while the other is busy pretending to sleep.

Sighing softly, Kongpob hugs him from behind and places his head on the crook of Arthit's neck. 

"Phi, are you mad at me?" Kongpob asks in a soft voice.

"No" Arthit gave him a simple answer.

"Phi, why are you suddenly thinking about adopting? Are you bored of me? Or do you think I am not enough for you anymore?"

Hearing Kongpob's questions Arthit turns around and hugs him closely and places his face touching others' noses and he closes his eyes while savoring the moment.

"Kong, it's not that I got bored of you or I feel like you are not enough for me. It's just that when I saw her she had nothing. She lost everything, still there was hope, a lot of innocence in her eyes. I feel like I wanted to secure the innocence in her eyes. She was so pure Kong I wanted her to be like that always, pure. I want to give her a home Kong I want her to feel loved and secured"

Arthit looks at kongpob's eyes. " Nothing and no one is more important than you for me Kong. If you don't want this then I won't talk about this again but Kong please don't prohibit me to visit her"