1

I put on a white muscle shirt and a pair of black jean shorts. I then found a brown and tan flannel to go over it. I slipped on some socks and converse and went to the kitchen where I found my mamá.

"Mamá, puedo ir al centro comercial?" (Mom, can I go to the mall?) I had seen the mall earlier and wanted to check it out.

She sighed, "Sí niña, pero ten cuidado," (Yes child, be careful) she always worried about me. I was almost an adult, I could take care of myself. I had to admit though, I don't know what I'd do without her.

"Si lo se mama te amo," (Yes, I know mom, I love you) I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yo tambien te amo niña," (I love you too child) she hugged me tightly.

I closed the door, and after getting my key from my pocket, I locked it. I was really worried about my moms. She was always paranoid about being here. She was an illegal immigrant. Since I was born in America, I had a green card, but she needed to take tests to become a permanent resident. I needed to get her to do that soon. She was already starting to learn a little English which was good.

I hopped on my bike and headed for the mall. The ride was really smooth. The roads were nice and smooth, which I wasn't used to.

I got to the Starcourt Mall and parked my bike. I made a mental note to look for a job here. My mom didn't have a job currently so we were living off of what my dad had left behind for us. Which was quite a bit, but it would run out eventually.

When I walked in it was a magical sensation. I had never seen anything like it. There was so many different shops, I didn't know where to go first.

I shopped around for awhile. Not really seeing anything that interested me.

Eventually, I saw an ice cream parlor and decided to go in. It was called Scoops Ahoy. What an interesting name.

I walked to the front and saw all of the ice cream flavors, then some guy with douchey hair came to greet me, "Ahoy there!" he practically yelled. "My names Steve and I'll be your captain today,  what can I get you?" he smiled a smile that I assumed I was supposed to find charming, but I didn't.

"Dingus! Stop being creepy!" I heard a partially raspy voice coming from a window behind douchey hair guy. The voice was very attractive. Then, a girl pulled herself through the window. I stared as I watched her. I had to stop myself quickly when I realized she saw me staring. We made eye contact and she smiled. "My name is Robin, is there anything in particular I can get you today?" she had a really nice smile, and there were freckles all across her face.

I eventually realized I should probably talk, "Umm I don't know, do you have any recommendations?" I looked up at her.

Robin smiled widely, like that was the nicest thing anyone had ever asked her, "Umm I really like the U.S.S Butterscotch," she paused to look up at me, "Would you be interested in a sample of it?"

"You can just go ahead and give me it in a cone, if you recommend it, it has to be good," I smiled.

She scooped out the ice cream and handed me my cone, "Alright, that's $1.70," I handed her the money, "Thank you, you can have a seat anywhere you want if you're going to eat here," she was super nice.

"Okay, thank you," I left and found somewhere to sit.

After awhile, the douchey hair dude came do my table, "Are you new in town? I don't remember you from school?"

Robin then came from behind him, "Dingus! I told you to leave her alone! Go back and do your job!" Douchey hair guy walked away sadly. Robin, however stayed at the table, "Is it alright if I sit here?"