Chapter 15: X-ray

Y/N POV

Doctor Ericsson had just finished up taking 1104XX's blood pressure and O2 levels. Now he just wanted to listen to his heart and lungs to make sure everything sounded right. Though 1104XX didn't seem thrilled with that either.
"1104XX, we've done this multiple times. Why are you being so stubborn now?" Doctor Ericsson asked, folding his arms.
"Wanna be done." He growled.
"I could listen, if you'd like?" I muttered, standing up from my chair.
"Would you rather like that, 1104XX?" Professor Williams asked.
1104XX looked at me with a smile and nodded. I chuckled and grabbed the stethoscope from Doctor Ericsson, putting it on. I went to place the tool on 1104XX's rib cage, but he hissed and pulled away.
"No!" He snarled.
"What's wrong?" I asked, concern crossing my face as I noticed the fear in 1104XX's eyes.
"Pain. No hurt. Stop." He mumbled.
"Pain? Does it hurt to touch your sides?" Doctor Ericsson asked.
1104XX looked down and nodded.
"Done. No more." He said.
"Why does it hurt?" I asked.
He stayed silent. I looked over at Professor Williams.
"1104XX, can we remove your shirt to check for injuries?" The Professor asked, walking over to me.
1104XX nodded. I reached over, and as gently as I could, I lifted up his shirt. We all let out an audible gasp when we saw the huge bruises along his sides and on his stomach.
"Oh my gosh what happened?" I asked, setting his shirt to the side.
1104XX just mumble some gibberish before looking away from us.
"How the hell did this happen?" Professor Williams asked.
"No more hurt." 1104XX said.
"Do you think he could have broken ribs with how bad this is?" I asked.
"I don't know. We'll more than likely have to do an X-ray to check. I'll let them know we'll be in for that shortly." Doctor Ericsson explained, walking over to his computer.
"No! No more!" 1104XX blurted.
"Hey, buddy, we need to do an X-ray to make sure there are no broken bones, ok? It'll be quick. I promise." I said, grabbing one of his hands.
"Then no more pain?" He asked.
"Yeah. Then we're done. Other than blood..." I mumbled.
1104XX frowned.
"Now, will you allow me to finish checking you? I'll be super gentle." I said.
He gave a small smile and nodded. I then continued to check, applying as little pressure as I could. He flinched nearly everytime the stethoscope touched him. This was awful. There is no way he's done this himself. Especially since he's been being way better. I feel like Chief Henry may have something to do with this due to earliers interaction. Cause these bruises are definitely recent.

// Time Skip //

We had finally finished all the normal examinations and the X-ray. Luckily no bones were broken.We were now just struggling to get 1104XX to calm down to get his blood drawn.
"Hold still, 1104XX!" I muttered, trying to keeping his one arm down as Doctor Ericsson prepped the needles.
"Y/N bad!" He yelled.
Doctor Ericsson had strapped his one arm down that he'd be drawing the blood from just to make sure. Now I was just preventing him from hitting Doctor Ericsson.
"Hey ugh... Professor, I could use some help." I mumbled.
1104XX let out a snarl and glared at Professor Williams.
"You got this, Y/N." Professor Williams said.
I frowned and looked over at 1104XX.
"Hey, buddy. Can you please please calm down?" I asked.
"Ow! No!" He shouted.
"Oh you're so over dramatic, 1104XX." Doctor Ericsson said, lining up the needle.
1104XX went still and he looked over at Doctor Ericsson, fear struck. His hand gripped mine as he whimpered.
"Y/N no..." He mumbled.
"Look at me, not the needle." I said.
He shook his head, eyes glued on the needle as it penatrated his skin. Not even a minute after that, everything was done. 1104XX sat there blankly, staring at his arm.
"See? Was it that bad?" I asked.
Just then he passed out.
"Oh. That's new." Doctor Ericsson said, seemingly shocked.
"Is he gonna be ok?" I asked.
"Oh yeah. We'll let him recover for about 15 minutes. Before sending him back." Professor Williams said.
I nodded.
"Now, we need to figure out how he hurt himself that bad." Doctor Ericsson said.
"I don't think he did this to himself. There is no way he was capable of doing so. The bruises are recent. Really recent. You can tell by the coloring." I explained.
"Then who could have done this to him and why?" Professor Williams asked.
"I don't mean to point fingers or anything, but ever since I've been dealing with 1104XX, I've gotten to know the Chief better and he doesn't seem to like his job. Not saying that has anything to do with 1104XX's injuries but..." I said.
"Are you saying Chief Henry did this?" Doctor Ericsson asked.
"Well not necessarily saying he did this. Moreso stating what I've noticed since I've started." I said.
"Well I'll be having a chat with him." Williams said.

// Time Skip //

"No!" 1104XX shouted, frustrated.
"1104XX you need to put the jacket back on." I stated.
He snarled and folded his arms.
"No more jacket! Behave!" 1104XX said.
I looked over at Professor Williams. I mean 1104XX has been much better with behavior.
"It's only been a week, Y/N. We can't take the risk." The Professor said.
"But sir, he's been good. Way better than he ever has been before." I said.
Professor Williams looked back at 1104XX, who was currently having a small temper tantrum.
"If any little thing happens that involves someone getting hurt or harmed in anyway, it goes back on. Got it?" Professor Williams said.
"Yes!" 1104XX blurted.
"Understood." I said.
"Then it can stay off." Williams said.

(981 words)