Scene 2

Scene 2

Eve turns off the radio before laying out a lace linin across the table. She then places a small vase of flowers in the centre of the table. Perfect and pristine.

As she lays the table, Maggie Harris enters stage left.
She enters with of a face of bewilderment, taking in Evelyn's beautiful home.
Maggie Harris is a young woman, dressed in a pair of navy dungarees and floral shirt. Her hair is pulled back using a navy headscarf. Maggie enjoys the new feminist wave and likes to keep up with the suffergette movements. She is a mother of three, spending her times alone whilst her husband fights at war. Maggie hides her fear with confidence and a friendly smile.

Eve
Oh Maggie just in time - don't just stand there darling come in come in!

Maggie
Oh.. thank you madam!

Eve
Enough of the formalities, do make yourself at home! It must be so refreshing for you to be venturing out alone and without all of those delightful children of yours!

Maggie
Well I do suppose so, yes...your house is just beautiful

Eve Cutting in

Eve
Yes, yes. Well how are you managing it all alone without your dear James! I heard he was what, a line command now?

Overwhelmed by the mention of her husband, Maggie stutters before calmly containing herself.

Maggie
It's fine, we're... managing quite nicely without him
thank you.

Eve
I'm sure, I must go and fetch some tea. We are expecting more company!

Maggie
Oh.... How... um

Eve leaves the room

Lovely

—————————

A short scene to introduce Maggie Harris!

In our performance I played the role of Maggie Harris

The performance was only around 12 minutes long, so some scenes may be very short but are equally as important.
It just works if I do a chapter per scene.

Keep reading :)
- AMG