= -𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙪- =

- - ="sometimes i daydream about us."= -

- - -

"i think you might be sick, dear." dabi said, sitting on the edge of the bed as he rubbed his girlfriends back.

she groaned, glaring at him. "i'm not sick, just tired."

she's sick. she's had a stomach ache since last night and has been switching between huddling under the blankets to throwing them off of herself.

"i'm gonna take your temperature." he left for the bathroom, leaving y/n to her own devices.

looking around she huffed, wanting to get up so she could open her bakery. she's worked while sick before, she'll just have to wear a mask and wash her hands more than she already does.

she tried to sit up, but her core ached and shot a wave of pain up her spine.

"fuck," she flopped back to how she was, eyes now glaring up at the ceiling, "i hate this."

dabi cane back in the room, hand slipping under her chin as she let her mouth open. he put the thermometer under her tongue and they both waited. it chimed and he gave her a sympathetic look.

"i can't just not open today." she said before he could say anything, but he sighed.

"you're staying in bed, i'll get some crackers and a water. do you feel like you might throw up?" he asked, standing as he looked around for the cats.

he placed leaf at y/n's side, the kitten snuggling up to her hip as he left. when he came back, he place an ice pack on her forehead and a water and crackers on the side table.

"thank you, i guess." she said, eyes closing as she drifted off.

dabi watched, a smile settling on his lips before he got up.

he took care of chores, fed the cats and brushed them. cleaned and washed laundry then checked up on his girlfriend.

she was still asleep, he took his seat next to her again and grabbed her hand. fiddling with her fingers and playing with them. his head tilted to the side, brain subconsciously telling his eyes to find her ring finger.

it was bare, the promise ring she usually wore sat next to the water and crackers.

"what's this for?"

she'd asked him when he slipped it on her left hand.

"it's to remind you, because you're an idiot."

she scoffed, shoving the boy before grabbing his arm with a nervous laugh when he almost fell. they were sitting on a dock, over a river that they used to walk up and down looking for rocks for y/n's plants.

"you're such a romantic."

even when they were younger, she'd always find a way to tease him.

"i want to marry you, when we're both ready i'll make you my wife."

his words made her flush, face heating up as she looked around, slightly embarrassed by all the attention.

"i'm ready whenever you are."

she used to be less confident when saying what she truly meant around him, thinking back to her flustered and nervous expression always makes dabi smile.

"i'll make you happy. you won't regret marrying me, i promise."

he remembers how she looked at him after he'd said that. how her eyes were nearly popping out their sockets and how her jaw was slacked.

"you're stupid."

she laughed, eyes meeting his serious ones. back then, his hair was pure white and his eyes were a little less shiny and more dull.

he was always covered in bandages, every new month came with a new piercing some of which he did himself. he used to wear gold, but then with the staples the two metals conflicted.

"i really like you, dabi. i think i love you, and i can't imagine my life without you."

watching her now matured face and completion, he smiled, happy at how far they've made it together.

"i'll marry you, i promise."

- - -