= -𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙚 𝙪𝙥- =

- - = "the blankets are cold, honey. warm me up?" = - -

- - -

it was almost sad how much the two love each other. they watched one another like they had just fallen in love, eyes gentle beyond belief as their shoulders relax while they watch their lover do mindless chores.

y/n learned that when dabi does the laundry he stands on his tippy toes despite being tall enough to see all the way down the washer without even tilting his head. it's a habit he picked up from her.

dabi loves to watch her bake, it's one of her passions, the one right after him in her list she had made on their third date. said list still hung on their refrigerator.

but watching her bake was like watching someone who had already perfected a craft continue to enjoy and completely love the art. dabi was always quick to boredom after doing something for long enough, but the way his girlfriend just loved to be surrounded by something she grew up around made him want to try harder.

they help each other grow and become happier, as any good relationship should.

they learn from each other, picking up habits as they go, and only falling in love more and more as the days roll by.

their home is their heaven, their shared space where, if they could, they'd live together till the world ended.

"baby," y/n called, dabi humming as he sat on the end of the bed, "what should i wear today?" she asked, hands gliding over the hangers in the closet.

"nothing." he answered, getting a scoff from y/n.

"you're hilarious." she said.

"i know, sweets."

"shut the fuck up." she laughed, turning around to move towards the male.

once turned around she could see him, how his scars were darker than usual, how he sat stiff and still as to not cause anymore pain to his body.

he looked like a hotter version of frankenstein. stitched together as to not fall apart.

but even through the pain of his bleeding and splitting skin, he still looked up to y/n, opening his arms to give her waist a hug. she moved over to him, walking between his legs and letting his arms wrap around her waist and his head rest against her stomach.

her hands went to his hair, combing through it to rid of the musty ash leeched to his scalp.

"do you wanna lie down?" she asked, feeling dabi squeeze her waist. she looked down, taking the gesture as a 'no' causing her to find some other way to help.

scanning over him, she saw his wounds. skin splitting and tearing more than usual for the male.

"i'm gonna get the first aid kit." she says, taking a step back but getting pulled back in by dabi. he grunted, digging his forehead further into her stomach.

"baby," she said, hands slipping down to brush over his shoulders as he held on. he moved to rest his head against her side, but let out a hiss instead, flinching back and eyes closed.

when he had moved his neck had tore even more, the fragile skin was itchy and it took all of his will power not to scratch.

y/n took him loosing some grip on her to bend over a bit, crouching so she was eye level with her lover. "i'll be back with gauze." she said, hearing dabi angrily hum at her.

she let out an airy laugh, looking at him in the eye. "if you don't need help than why aren't you moving your head?" she asked, watching as he looked away and glared. well, tried to glare.

"you can't even squint you, buffoon." she scolded, adding more burning to dabi's already painful position.

she tugged free, the male watching as she left only to come back seconds later with a small white box. "you're helpless sometimes, you know that?" she asked, not wanting or waiting for an answer as she pressed a cotton ball to his neck. "you're lucky you don't need stitches. i don't think tutorials will help me much in that department." he let out a low hiss, earning a kiss to the cheek.

"if that's what i get everytime i'm in pain i honestly don't mind." he said, a chuckle following his words.

y/n scoffed, heat rushing to her head fast but she ignored it, "you're so soft."

"i'm not, but whatever."

"you literally just sai-"

"sadly i don't recall. you're probably thinking of someone else." he shrugged off, getting a small and painless slap to his shoulder.

"yes, cause i would trade you for someone else." she said rhetorically, dabi smirked.

"that's what i like to hear." this was followed by a string of curses after y/n pressed on a decently size cut outlining where withered skin met untouched skin.

"mmh, that's what i like to hear." she copied, proud of her comeback till a tickle was sent up her spine. dabi's hand reacted from her side, smirk still on his face from before.

she pouted, eyebrows bending down as she acted mad. "this doesn't change the fact that you're soft." she said, knowing he always got slightly annoyed with the whole 'you're soft' thing.

he rolled his eyes and scoffed, hand reaching up to get her other side but was caught by her hand. "you're so rude. i'm helping you because i'm just so kind and here you are, distracting and messing with me."

"i know you like it." he teased, eyes looking up and meeting y/n's. she scowled, hiding a bashful smile dabi knew was there.

"just shut up." she said, leaning down and pecking his lips before returning to her work. "your lips are still soft." she mumbled, now fully focused on wrapping his open wounds.

"i always try to keep them from the flames. i know their your second favorite part of me." he leered, getting bonked on the head as a reply.

- - -