= -𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮?- =

- - ="where will we go together?"= - -

- - -

seeing dabi's face scrunch up, y/n sighed.

he'd been sleeping while she was at the desk working on some new recipes, the room quiet aside from her mumbles of frustration.

she'd just broken a pencil when she heard him say something, turning and asking if he was awake she got no response. shrugging it off, she went back to working.

"stop it." she heard, turning and seeing his face matched the tone he'd used. with furrowed eyebrows and a frown, anyone could tell he was uncomfortable and angry.

"honey? dabi, are you ok?" she asked, standing and walking over to his side.

she knew he had nightmares, she'd witnessed them plenty of times before by even after years of living together seeing him in pain and discomfort always upset her.

telling herself she should leave him be, knowing you shouldn't wake someone from a nightmare, she went back to work.

"please," the small beg had her movements halt, "stop."

she was more then worried now, standing and checking his forehead to see if it was hot before feeling his cheeks. he wasn't any hotter than usual, so she sat beside him and rubbed his shoulders.

"honey," she tried, watching his face as it contorted in pain. "my dear, wake up." shaking his shoulders a bit, then brushing a hand through his hair.

"you're alright, please wake up. you're safe, my love." she whispered, continuing to rub his shoulders and rake a hand over his scalp.

suddenly he shook, hands flying up to grasp y/n and his eyes opening. he heaved heavily, looking around as he sat up and took quick breaths.

y/n comforted him, handing him a water and offering her shoulder to rest on. he took it, digging his face into her neck as his hands balled her shirt where they rested along her hips.

"i'm here, i got you." she said, kissing the side of his face and rubbing his back.

in times like this, dabi felt bad for y/n. he knew she wanted to help him, but also knew he could never tell her what was haunting him.

his families voices followed him, his mother's screams and his fathers stern voice telling him to leave. his youngest brothers innocent eyes, his sister and other brother sitting together having only each other's presence as company.

"you wanna tell me what it was?" y/n asked, dabi shook his head as he moved to rest it on her chest.

"just felt trapped." he said, not giving much of an explanation but y/n didn't push.

while her hands played with his hair, he fell back asleep. she scoffed, rolling her eyes as a smile slipped past her lips.

"such a sleepy baby." she cooed, tucking some hair behind his ear and kissing his temple.

the rest of the night consisted of them rolling around, waking up for a few seconds before falling back asleep. they ended up on the edge of the bed, y/n's stomach to dabi's back as he struggled to stay steady of the ledge of the mattress.

the cats ended up in the middle of the bed right behind y/n so it's not like she could really roll over to give him more space. the cats wouldn't have that at all, they'd probably end up suffocating them with their fluffy butts.

but when the morning came, and dabi fell dragging y/n with him, they were reasonable rested.

y/n felt energized, ready to take on the world while dabi was fine with walking around a bit more than usual. "we could go on a date today? how about going to get lunch together?" she asked, planning out their day while dabi made breakfast.

"whatever you wanna do if fine by me." he said, getting her to groan.

"come on," she dragged out, "i want some ideas, something cute we can do."

"we could hangout and eat at sonic's, like we did on our second date." he offered, this time y/n awed.

"i can barely remember that, baby." she said, smirking at him while he flushed and rolled his eyes.

serving breakfast made her quiet down, though their conversation still flowed between bites.

after taking care of chores, they did decide to go out. heading to the fast food place dabi had recommended earlier.

this time, they took their car though, something they rarely do since nearly everything is within walking distance. but sonic's is a bit further out, across town and surrounded by the fire and police stations.

they still had fun though, recreating one of their first ever dates when they first started going steady. everything from the food to the car they were in was the same, even when y/n slid french fires on the skylight the crows that swooped down seemed to be the same.

but their relationship had changed, it had grown and shifted, allowing them to be closer than ever before.

- - -

a/n: how many of you are touched starved?