Where have you been?

Y/n POV:
Since the incident in the forest I hadn't spoken to anyone in the group. Majority of the time I had stayed in my house, and the few times I did leave I made sure to stay clear of them. I didn't know what to do. They were amazing people but clearly Astrid didn't want me around. I didn't want to be in a place I wasn't wanted. A few times someone had knocked on my door but I just ignored it and hoped they went away. I told Gobber what had happened after he saw that I wasn't hanging with the group anymore. I didn't tell him about Astrid, I just told him the same thing that I told Hiccup. I tripped. He was upset that I seemed to be on my own again but he understood. Maybe they would just forget about me. Maybe things would go back to the way they were before I met them. Who knows.

Late one afternoon, as I was sat at my hard, wooden desk, I decided to update my journal. I needed to get my thoughts down on paper. I had already written about what happened with Astrid. In detail. Hey, when you have that much time alone, you get bored. As I was writing there was a knock at the door. It startled me at first, hearing the loud bang of fist against wood after hours of silence but I just ignored it and hoped whoever it was would go away. They didn't though.

A few seconds later, they knocked again. Harder this time. Why wouldn't they just leave me alone?! I thought to myself. "Y/n open the door." I heard Gobber's voice faintly through the solid wood. I got up and quickly made my way towards the door.

"Sorry!" I said as an inpatient looking Gobber stood in front of me. "I was in the back room and didn't hear the door go!" I lied. "It's all right lassie." He replied with a beaming smile. "I just wanted to let you know that Stoick is having a party in the great hall tonight." He smiled. "For Hiccup's birthday." As soon as those words left his mouth, my jaw hit the floor. "It's his birthday?!" I exclaimed, shocked. "Yeah, he came by here yesterday to let you know but you weren't in." That must have been who knocked at the door yesterday. I was in. I just didn't answer.

"So I'll see you there!" Gobber said turning to walk away. "Gobber, I-" I began before he cut me off. "I know you're not a fan of parties but it's Hiccup's birthday and I think he is really looking forward to seeing you there. Please do this. For him." "Okay." I said faking a smile. "Fantastic! See you tonight!" He said. And with that, he walked away.

I shut the door after he left and I also shut my eyes. No, I'm not the biggest fan of parties but that wasn't the reason I didn't want to go. I have been scared to talk to Hiccup ever since Astrid had tried to kill me. No. I thought to myself. She couldn't have known the pit or the dragon was there. She must have just shoved me and accidentally, I fell. It was just an accident. After all, she did get the others to help me after I fell. That must be it. Still, I really didn't want to go.

I have to. I thought to myself after a while. For Hiccup. God I don't even have him a gift! I'll figure that out later, for now I needed to wash my dress for tonight.

After my dress was clean, I hung it up to dry and did my hair. I was about to do it in my usual two braids but then I decided to just leave it down.

As I was waiting for the dress to dry, I was trying to think of a gift for Hiccup. Maybe I shouldn't even get him anything. Astrid wants me to stay away from him so maybe it's for the best I don't get him anything. All of a sudden I had a thought. The perfect gift. God damn me and my stupid brain for actually coming up with something. Fine. I got his gift ready then went out to get my dress.

It was actually sunny today in Berk, a rare occurrence, so it dried quite quick. By the time I went out to get it though, the sun had already started to go down and the orange glow of the sunset had made its way onto my fence.

I put my dress on and looked in the mirror. It was a long red dress with a white front and little brown straps here and there. I felt nervous. Not only to see the others but I also didn't know if I looked okay. Maybe the dress was too tight. Maybe my hair is wrong. Maybe my boots don't match the dress. Maybe I'm overdressed. Maybe I'm underdressed. Maybe- I stopped myself as I started to get panicked. You look fine, I told myself and walked away from the mirror.