7

I came to a swamp. I know she has been here, I could smell the sent of her.

***

"They probably won't notice us but we still need to move fast," I whispered.

I opened up the front door and let Purple Eyes in. Mum and Dad were in the living room, as long as they didn't turn around we would be fine. Purple Eyes kept her tail up as she sneaked across the hall. I followed her with silent foot-steps. Purple Eyes reached the stairs and began to climb. She was so slow. I looked back at my parents, my dad was getting up. "Hurry," I whispered. Purple Eyes ran up the stairs making a lot of noise. I held my breath and laid down. My dad got up. He saw me laying on the floor and thought I had feel down the stairs. He walked past with his eyes on me and walked into the kitchen. I breathed out. That was close. I got up and walked up the stairs Purple Eyes was waiting for me. Those were some smooth moves! I smiled at her. I led her to my bed room and opened the door for her.

Why do you have a painting of me and my eye in your room? She tilted her head. "I don't really know I just started painting and well..." I trailed off. She turned and faced the wall with the painting of the unicorn and man on the door. She jumped. Oh it's just a painting... that's scary. Strange. "Are you sure that painting on the wall in you?" I asked.

As sure as I am a dragon she smiled. "If that is really you then is this you too?" I asked as I pulled out a school book from my bag, the one with my reaching out to the dragon, I flipped to the page then showed it to her. She nodded. Maybe these pictures all meant something. 

"Do you recognize any of the other pictures?" I asked.

She looked around the room I think I have seen a picture of those woman somewhere. The unicorn one I have no idea what that is about. I know that the one over there is my eyes but I've ever seen that palace before and as for the guy on the door ... I... have never seen him in my life.

***

There was her foot print right there in the mud.

***
I lay on my bed Purple Eyes curled up next to me, like a cat. I closed my eyes. Purple Eyes had told me that she had been on the run from this bad man for days. She was so scared when she had said it. I told her about my life and she listen to the whole thing. Compared to her life on the run mine seemed pretty easy. I decided I would let her stay with me as long as she needed to.

I think ... just maybe ... I might ... have a friend