[Encanto] Bruno Madrigal x chubby reader

❤︎~ The Only One ~❤︎

@rawrcreaterme requested:
@mommy108 umm... what about... bruno?

a/n: damn, sorry, we don't talk about Bruno.
we sing! and write 😏

[fluff]
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Wow Y/n! You might beat me in cooking, and that's my whole gift," Julieta laughed. You laughed along, keeping an eye on the discada on the frying pan. "Well, I've played Overcooked, so I'm basically a pro at this." You joked, making Julieta laugh louder.

You took the food off the stove, sliding it onto a plate. "This one's ready." You announced. The house moved its tiles around and moved it outside on the dining table. You looked at the food you made and decided not to make yourself a plate. You held one plate in hand though.

"Are you joining us this time?" Julieta asked. "No, sorry. I'm eating alone again." You said. "Okay.. see you later." Julieta waved goodbye. You waved too, waiting for her to leave the kitchen.

Once she stepped outside, you waited a second, before turning around and hustling up the stairs. You set the plate down, taking down the large painting. You grabbed the plate again and walked inside of the walls, closing it again.

You walked down the narrow walls, every floorboard creaking. You always felt big walking through these small walls, but you never told him that.

You finally made it to his room, and you knocked, trying to be respectful. You heard rummaging, and the door opening up, revealing two brown eyes. "It's you." Bruno sighed in relief. "It, always is." You laughed.

You walked in, some rats scattering away under your feet. You set the plate, along with a fork and napkin on his makeshift table. "Okay, here's lunch." You smiled proudly at your food. "You didn't bring your own plate again." Bruno stated as an observation. "Um, yeah. I guess just not feeling too.. hungry?" You shrugged. He just hummed as he sat down, scarfing down the food you made.

You sit down in front of him and watch him eat. "Anyway, I was wondering, when do you think of returning? Like, returning returning." You asked. "I don't know." Bruno shrugged. "Whenever the time is right I guess. I mean, I feel like if I come back now, I'll be even more of a outcast than I was before." Bruno pointed out, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." You sighed. "I wish people were more open minded." You said. "Not everyone is like you." Bruno laughed heartily. "I suppose not." You laughed along. "It's just not the same, not being with you in public. I miss our long walks." You admitted.

Bruno paused his eating, staring at your sad face. Bruno gulped, before hesitantly reaching his hand across the table, grabbing your hand softly. It was your turn to stare at him, and he glanced down embarrassingly.

"Uh— it, it will be alright. We'll be able to be together again. I.. I promise." Bruno sighed. Even though the two of you were married, he still gets flustered for something as small as holding hands.

"Well, I hope you haven't fallen out of love with me yet." You joked. The way you said it, it seemed so innocent. But it made Bruno's heart sink. "Why would you think that?" He looked up, staring at you.

His thumb caressed your hand, reassuring you. You regret saying anything, but you had to tell him now, you told him too much already.

"Oh, I, uh, I just, I've gotten a bit, bigger the past few years. So... I know you wouldn't leave me because of that, it was just a joke.." you explained nervously.

Bruno tilted his head, his eyes turning soft towards you. "You know I don't care if you've gotten a bit chubby. You're still the only person I love. The only one." Bruno reassured.

You inhaled, then smiled bashfully. "Thank you.. you're the only one I'll ever love too." You said. Bruno blushed, looking down. You got up from your seat, sitting yourself beside him. You ruffled his messy head of curls, before kissing his cheek.

You rested your cheek on his shoulder, letting out a sigh from your noes.

Bruno always makes you feel better, no matter what.