[Stranger Things] Steve Harrington x fem chubby reader

❤︎~ Bikini ~❤︎

[angst to fluff]
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The day was full of sunshine and fun. Laughing children was heard around the area, along with the sounds of splashing waters. It was a hot summer day, the perfect day for a swim.

Who wouldn't want to go for a swim? It was literally perfect. There was not a cloud in the sky, and the highest today was 97 degrees. Someone would have to be insanely crazy to not want to swim.

Or, insanely insecure.

Here, inside a dark locker room with grease licking on the sides, stood you. The sun slid through the tiny windows of the locker room, making you aware of the world outside.

You heard the sound of seagulls, a volleyball being hit over a net, children running against the sand towards the ocean, all of it was so overwhelming.

As the world outside sounded so fun, and filled with laughter, here you stood, in the dark locker room, teary eyed as you stared at yourself in the mirror.

You thought buying a bikini would make you look sexy, and at first you thought you looked good. That is, until you saw Nancy in a bikini, and Robin in a bikini, and literally every other beautiful woman in a bikini on the beach. It made you want to rip this fat off of you.

Sure, maybe the bikini matched your hair and eyes, but it did not make you feel beautiful, like you thought it would. You could see everything, all of your fat hanging out like a sore thumb. Your stretch marks crawled up your skin, being exposed to the world. You weren't sure what you were thinking before, but you regret spending even a single penny on this.

"Oh Y/n~ what's taking so long?"

You heard Robin call out, and she knocked on your stall door. "Oh— sorry! Just uh, just trying to figure this suit out." You lied. It was a bit hard to get on, but you did it in the end.

"You sure you're okay?" Nancy asked. She must've heard your voice crack. "Yup, yup, all good. Just give me a second.." you chuckled.

You turned to the mirror, having mixed feelings about the bikini. So, you just threw on your shirt and pants. You felt at piece seeing your body covered with baggy clothing. You sighed, grabbing your bag and walking out of the stall.

You saw Robin and Nancy in their bathing suits, and even though Robin's was a bit more Tom boyish, she still looked beautiful. "Hey, where's your swimsuit?" Nancy asked. "Oh, it didn't fit." You said sheepishly. "Awe man, it didn't? Why don't we run to the store real quick, it'll only take about thirty minutes." Robin suggested.

"No no, I'm okay, really. I'll just dip my feet in or something." You shrugged. Robin and Nancy looked to each other, and Robin shrugged. "Well alright, but let us know if you change your mind." She said.

You nodded, putting on a fake smile as you walked out with the girls.

"Dude, what are you staring at?" Dustin questioned. "Huh?" Steve blinked. "Uh, nothing." He said quickly. "You totally were! You're supposed to be setting up the umbrella, remember?" Dustin pointed out. Steve looked down in his hands to see the large umbrella. "Oh."

He kneeled down and lifted the umbrella up, situating it over the picnic blankets. "Okay, so, where were you staring?" Dustin asked again. "Dustin— just let go man." Steve sighed. "No— wait, I know where you were looking! The girls locker room right?"