six | lilcarti

[ IN WHICH ]
tyler and jordan have
mutual feelings for eachother.

"you're staring again." namil said quietly as he drew closer to tyler. "huh?" tyler said, perplexed as he turned to gaze at his friend who was too close for comfort. "you're staring at jordan again, if you like him then just go tell him." namil shrugged, as if it weren't a huge deal. "it's not that easy, well at least for me," tyler muttered, as he averted his gaze from jordan to his desk.

"because you're pretty, it'd be easy for you to walk up to someone and tell them you like them; it's not so easy for us unattractive individuals." tyler shrugged; he knew how offended namil got when he declared himself unattractive, but he was convinced that he was ugly and that no one would find him appealing. "shut up, nigga, you're so cute, tyler, and i'm sure jordan likes you as well." namil gave a kind smile.

tyler felt a little better after that, but he knew it wouldn't last long, and before long the bell was ringing, so the two said their goodbyes and parted ways; tyler was glad that most of his classes included jordan; even if they rarely spoke, it was still nice to look at him.

math was his next class, and he excelled at it. he isn't a math prodigy or anything, but he has a firm grasp of the basics.

when he arrived, he noticed that jordan was sitting in the back of the class, despite the fact that he usually sat in the front and laughed with his friends for the majority of the class period. although this made tyler nervous, he didn't know what to do about it; he didn't want to move seats and sit in someone else's because they'd probably get upset and cause a scene, so he just sat next to jordan.

he could feel his heart pounding in his head; he'd never been this close to jordan, ever. thankfully, mr. woods started with the lesson, which took his mind off of jordan for a while, but that didn't last long because after he finished the first part, he told everyone to pair up with the person next to them, even though he didn't know lucki like that, he would've preferred to work with him because he knew he'd be a mess if he even tried to talk to jordan.

however, luck was not on our side. before he could turn around and ask, he had already chosen a partner. "i guess we're working together," jordan said with a smile as he shifted his chair over tyler's desk. "i guess so," tyler muttered to jordan, who gave him a shaky smile.

"not even finna lie, i have no clue what any of this shit means." jordan chuckled as he set his pencil down to look at tyler. tyler didn't return the chuckle and remained focused on his paper, even if he wasn't writing anything. he refused to make eye contact "it's really simple." tyler said quietly as he pushed jordan's paper in front of him. "i'm only going to show you once, so pay attention," he said sternly "assertive, i like that." jordan laughed once again.

tyler's whole body heated up at that sentence, even if he didn't mean it that way. tyler wasn't surprised that jordan didn't know how to do the lesson because half of the time he was joking around and sending the teacher meaningless threats. good to say jordan wasn't nothing but a pretty face because his brain was full of flies and moths.

it took jordan about twenty minutes to finally get what they were doing, "you're so quiet, you don't like me?" jordan pouted as he looked at tyler, who he couldn't see because he was so close to the paper. tyler lifted his head up, still not making eye contact, and said, "i do like you, i just." tyler hesitated before shrugging "i don't like to talk that much." he continued, "i see you and kota laughing and talking together all the time." jordan crossed his arms as he spoke.