Chapter 1: The aftermath

Links P.O.V

I watched as the terror that had been feared over all of Hyrule, vanished into thin air being swept up in the ball of light used to capture it.

It suddenly all went still. Like there was no movement in the whole world. Not even my blue tunic seemed to be moving. Zelda had her back to me, her hands at her sides. I went to walk up to her when I heard her voice speak to me.

""I've been keeping watch over you all this time." I stepped forward a bit "I witnessed your struggles to return to us as well as your trials in battle." She paused for a moment. "I always thought- no. I always believed that you would find a way to defeat Gannon. Ive never lost faith in you over these many years..." she trailed off. She then slowly turned around facing me completely. "Thank you, link... The hero of Hyrule. May I ask..." she hesitated "Do you really remember me?"

I looked at her "Mostly yes princess." I said smiling a bright smile. She gasped smiling and running up to me, tightly wrapping me in a hug. I reciprocated while placing my cheek on her head. I hadn't felt so happy in a long time.

For a while we just stayed there enjoying each other. I never wanted to let go of her again. She looked up at me. "Link... I missed you so, so much..." she said. I nodded "Me too." I said. She hugged me tighter and then let go. We looked at the castles ruins. It was a dreadful sight but was also nothing compared to what it was before.

Zelda looked up at me again "Can we... go inside? I think that we should get anything we can salvage before theivs get to it first" She asked. I looked at her concerned. She looked exhausted and was obviously in need of some food. "Yes but first..." I trailed off grabbing the sheika slate and bringing out a hearty mushroom skewer. She greatfully took it and ate it within 10 seconds. She had to be hungry. She looked at me and was looking much better than before.

I smiled and then called Power, one of my many horse's. Power was a very big horse and quite unique looking. He had redish orange hair and a black coat but was overall a very handsome steed.

He came galloping our way and neighed when he got to us. I pat his head "Goodnight job out there..." I said. I then hopped on his back. I looked down at Zelda and heald out my hand to her. She happily accepted it and got behind me while hugging my waist tightly.

"HYAH!" I shouted as my horse started to gallop towards the castle. We took great care to look out for any remaining enemies. The blood moon had been going on for thousands of years so there was for sure lots of monsters. Who knew if there were more or less though?

I slowed Power down not wanting to bring my poor horse with us just in case. I then gave Zelda a eighfold blade being as cautious as I could. Even though she didn't know how to use swords, it still made me feel a bit more reassured and she seemed to be as well.

We went in through the front entrance. All of the guardians had been taken out by me before I went to Gannon as I knew it would be easier in the future.

We head inside the abandoned castle and looked around. There were no more of thoes discusting partials that burned when you touched them. It was just... empty.

"Where to first?" I ask looking down at Zelda who I placed in front of me. She looked up "Well could we go to my study first? I really wanna see if my research books are alright." She said smiling a bit. I nodded "Come with me I know a way up where we won't have to run into any monsters." I said.

We quickly raced up a big staircase with many holes leading down to rocks and debree below. Zelda then paused in front of the room. She looked almost scared to go in. She then slowly walked along the bridge and peered into the room. She gasped "Whats wrong??" I ask concerned. She then looked towards me smiling. "Look!" She said pointing