Chapter 8- Day off.

Zelda (POV)
-2 weeks later-

I stood on the balcony in my room sighing into my hands. The castle was almost done. We had the sanctum and one last hallway to finish up that was more than halfway done.

I have been planning a party and sent the Rito to tell everyone to come. I estimated that it would be finished within a week so the party would be in 8 days. With everyone helping it been going by smoothly.

And while I am overjoyed this is the case, there is one little problem. Link. I had to confess to him soon. My Hylia I didnt think it would be this hard.

But over the past month or so I've noticed things about him that made him irresistible. He cared for everyone! He helped out with little jobs that wouldn't benefit him whatsoever and listened to peoples problems.

There were other things as well. Like when he laughed he threw his head back which made him absolutely beautiful. And when he cleaned his sword he would lick his lips every so often and it looked very attractive.

I shook my head and gripped the railing. I simply couldn't think this way about him.

While trying to calm myself down I heard a knock on the door. "U-uh yes come in." I watched as Link peeked his head from the outside. I smiled awkwardly "Oh uh hey Link! Whats up?" I said trying ny best to act cool. He smiled at me "Hey um I was wondering..." he started, making his way into my room "Would you perhaps like to go on an errand with me to Akkala? I have to go into Tarry Town for more arrows. I figured you need a break from all of this so..." I smiled at him "Oh of course! That might be nice to leave for a bit. Are you sure though?" He nodded "C'mon let's go!"

We made our way to the royal stables where all of Links horses stayed, being well taken care of by a stable worker that now ran the place. I got Light out while Link brought out Epona. Epona was a beautiful steed. All black. Not a hint of any other kind of color.

We started walking out of the side entrance of the castle. Link was feeding Epona a carrot. He looked over to me and heald out his hand with another carrot in it. I reached over. Our fingers brushed and I almost dropped the vegetable.

We hopped on our horses. I always loved seeing Link do it. He was so graceful when doing so. We then set off for Tarry Town.

Me and Link conversed during the ride and I couldnt help but notice the small glances he gave me from time to time. He would look down at my lips and deep into my eyes and wow did my heart soar at that.

"So, Link. Are you planning on as staying as my knight when the castle is finished?" I asked. He looked at me surprised and smiled sheepishly "If you would like me to..." I beamed "Oh of course! But id like to think of you more as a traveling partner and friend. I don't think I could have done any of this without you and I don't want to do anything in the future without you." I paused and looked at him in the eyes "Promise me you won't leave me." He gave me a soft look "I would never dream of it, Zelda."

When we got into Tarry Town we saw that there seemed to be something going on. I followed Link over to a buff looking man with the largest bowl cut I had ever seen. He was also talking with a tall gerudo woman.

"Hudson whats going on?" The man turned to Link and smiled "Ah Link! Its good to see you. You see..." he guestured towards the town. "Its already been a whole year since Tarry Town was fully constructed so we decided to throw a party. You should stick around. After all..." he turned to Link again "You're the whole reason this place is here. Thank you."

Me and Link walked to the arrow stand in the small town "Link that's so nice of you to help them! Did you owe Hudson something?" Link looked over to me "Hm? Oh no of course not. But he really seemed like he needed help so I helped him." I smiled "Link you do too much for people..." I shook my head. He smiled "Well it did come with benefits. I have a new arrow shop!" I laughed "Well good thing because you run out of them rather quickly!" He huffed and crossed his arms "Well maybe so, but the korok children's arrow quests are so difficult. Its not my fault!" I snorted "Oh of course. Totally not your fault."

Link smiled down at the slate and marveled at all of his new arrows "Ahh this is great!" He said putting the slate back onto his hip. I nodded "Uhm... do you maybe wanna stay for the festival? I'd feel bad if we just left." Link looked at me and nodded "Whatever you want princess." My Hylia did I love when he said that.

After that we just had a good time. They were holding a arrow challenge where if you hit a bullseye you would get 50 shock arrows for free. You had to be pretty far away from it though. I shook next to Link who was aiming his arrow "You got this!" I said. He nodded and lined it up. He let go and the arrow flew straight into the red mark.

I jumped up as did he "Yeah! Good job!" I said as we high-fived. He smiled "Thanks!"

We walked over to the man who was giving the prize. Link happily took the shock arrows and showed them to me "I wont have to buy anymore of these for another week!" I snickered "You know, these could last you for a month if you were careful." He shook his head "Yeah but that's not me, now is it?" I nodded "Your right."

Me and Link were now sitting on the cliff with our feet dangling. Music could be heard behind us while people danced. I sighed in content "This was nice. I just hope that..." Link looked over at me "I just hope this won't all be taken away after I become queen." Link frowned at me "Of course it won't be. I'm here. Ill always take you on little road trips no matter what. Just say the word." I smiled and looking at my fingers "Thanks... thats quite reassuring." He nodded.

We decided to book 2 beds at the inn. Link got me a soft bed while he got himself a regular which I was not very happy about.

I layed down on my bed looking up at the ceiling. Link was beside me drawing in his sketchbook. When my room was finished I got the picture of the two of us. It looked marvelous and made me happy. I looked over at him and he got angry? "Hey! Don't move im trying to draw you!" I laughed "Absolutely not. I look very bad right now!" He shook his head "Well too late! And besides you look great" I scoffed and looked at the ceiling while my cheeks grew warm.

Me and Link chatted while he drew. I decided to let him do as he pleased because I knew if I saw his pouty face again, I would laugh.

Around 10 minutes later he sighed "Finished! Its only a sketch so I didnt add too many details. I sat up and went to his bed "Let me see!" He shut the book and heald it to his chest "No way!" He was very secretive about his drawings, but that didn't stop me. "Oh c'mon! Im going to see it at some point so why not right now?" I heald out my hand to get the book but he stood up and put it above his head. I scoffed "Wow real nice of you Link."

I stood on my toes trying to grab the damn book be he only laughed at me. I crossed my arms and glared at him fed up. I just wanted to see the drawing. He sighed and gave it to me "Oh fine! Don't make fun of it though." I laughed "I swear."

I flipped through the pages to find the drawing. When I got to it I sighed and smiled. "Link... its very beautiful." I said looking up at him. He looked away "Ur lying." I scoffed "No im not! I love it! In fact I want it inside my room. May I have it?" He looked at me. "Fine! But I know your lying!" I laughed "You're so childish Link! Its kinda cute." I said. I imedeatly regretted it so I changed subjects. "A-ANYWAYS! U-um well we should-... get to bed! Yes. Its quite late." He looked at me clulessly which I was greatful for.

I layed back down in my bed and shut my eyes "Uh goodnight Zelda." Link said. I smiled to myself "Goodnight Link. Sweet dreams."