Chapter 6- Sword trials

Link (POV)

I woke up at the crack of dawn. Zelda was still sleeping. After last night she needed her rest. She seemed to let out all her emotions from all these years. I was with her through the whole thing thankfully.

I borrowed the cooking pot outside. No one was awake at the time so I was alone looking out into the still starry sky. I decided to make her hearty fruitcake. It added extra hearts. You couldn't see them unless you were wearing the sheika slate though.

I decided that I wanted a plain crape. I knew Zelda liked thoes as well so I put one on the side of her cake. I put it in the slate so it would still be warm when she woke up.

I went back into the sleeping chambers and decided to draw a little. I grew a liking to it during my travels. I had to pick up some sort of hobby.

I looked at the slate for reference and started to draw one of the pictures I had in there. It was one with me and Zelda that we took back in rito village

I drew the heads first then worked on Zelda. I made sure to work hard on her in case she saw it at some point which I hoped wouldn't happen.

About an hour later people started getting up so I knew I didn't have a lot longer to draw but continued anyways. I was working on my hair now. Zelda was finished. I say it looked quite pretty. There was a flower in her hair and she was smiling.

I saw that she was starting to wake up so I put the book away in the slate and sat criss crossed on the bed. She woke up yawning and looked over to me. She then started laughing. Confused I cocked my head to the side "L-link you look so adorable! Its funny that the hero of hyrule could look so cute!" she said wiping her eyes. I registered what she had said. Adorable? Cute? I gave her a dopey smile.

We decided that it was time to go. The korok forest was quite far from here so we had to leave early. We ate on the way out of the desert.

Zelda was smiling happily while walking "Link you make the best fruitcake ever! And these crapes are amazing!" I smiled "Thanks..."

We got to the end of the desert where the stable was and got our horses. I brought out Epona and she brought out light. We started mapping out the best route to get to the forest. It would take half a days time if we went full speed.

We galloped fast down the plains of hyrule. It really was a beautiful land. More so now that the malace was gone. And it seemed perfect for Zelda. She was now technically a queen right? I didnt want to bring it up just yet as to not upset her. I think for now she just wanted to be free from her dutys that have been haunting her for her entire life.

A couple hours later we were in front of the foggy forest. We left our horses right outside since no one dared to come near the place. I brought out a torch and lit it on one of the fire pits and we started walking through the fog.

We followed where the embers were leading us. The first time I did this I didn't understand what had to be done and I got lost countless times but I eventually figured it out. And when I did I was greeted by adoring fans that were the cutest. The koroks really made me feel at home.

We walked into the center of the forest where it wasn't foggy. I put out my torch and brought out my master sword again. We walked in and saw the great deku tree. I also saw hetsu out of the corner of my eye. He was dancing with come of the smaller koroks.

We walked up to the master swords pedestal "Who goes there? Did I dose off again?" The great deku tree muttered. He then seemed to recognize mine and zelda presence "My my... its very good to see you again Princess Zelda.. or should I say Queen Zelda?" She smiled and shook her head "I'm not up for that title yet. Only when hyrule is back to its former glory will I be recognized as a true queen." She said. I internally sighed relived I wouldn't have to ask her about that.