Chapter 7- Start of Hyrule

Zelda (POV)
-3 weeks later-
I stood at the front of Hyrule castle giddy with excitment and Link at my side. Everyone was going to be here within an hour and I couldn't wait.

Link chuckled at me "Its adorable how excited you are." He said. I blushed hard "N-no its not!".

Over the past few weeks me and link had become closer. Now he talked and expressed himself more. He even showed some physical affection. Like giving me hugs when I was sad. It made me love him even more.

But that also made me more nervous for the day we finish Hyrule Castle. What was I even going to say to him? What if he didn't reciprocate? Urbosa had said once that he felt the same as me but I couldnt help but be skeptical. I mean how could someone as amazing as him like me? I was rude to him in the past and an awful princess. It was definitely a long shot.

He chuckled again "Whatever you say princess~" even though I was indeed the princess it still made me blush when he said that. It sounded like a nickname and it made me feel loved. If only...

Just then I felt the ground rumble and saw rocks rolling towards us "The Gorons!" I exclaim. They came over to me and bowed when they got there. Their leader stood up "Prinsess we are reporting to help with the rebuild of Hyrule Castle!" He said in salute.

It honestly took me by surprise to such authority but I was prepared to act formal as well. "Yes of course. For now we must clean up the bridge leading into the castle so everyone can come and go more smoothly." I stated. The goron nodded "Alright troops you heard her highness! Let's get to work brothers!!" He shouted. The gorons stood up and ran over to the bridge picking up fallen rocks and even starting to put it back together with cement they had brought.

Link being Link wanted to go help but I told him to stay with me until everyone else was here so him being the loyal person he was stayed right next to me.

Next came the Rito who were ordered to blow away dust and debree into the river and away from the path. Then the zora who were told to swim around and take out the big rocks and clean the water system. Then the gerudo came who patrolled the outside of the castle to make sure no one else got inside.

After the bridge had been finished we decided to work on bedrooms and guest rooms. Link "secretly" told them all to start working on my bedroom first which they did. Me and link walked around assessing what rooms would need the most and least amount of work. The worst rooms were the library, dining room, and my study. I was excited to get that fixed up. I would go into hateno village to get decorations like desks, paintings, and other niknaks. I would also get multiple journals and books. It was all so exciting to think about! I ranted about this to link who stayed quiet and listened to me. I was happy that he didn't seem to mind my blabbering.

At the end of the day everyone set up a huge camp in front of the castle. They had finished over 20 of the bedrooms including mine. I could tell we would be making fast progress here.

Me and link sat on the ground with everyone else who was talking and laughing amongst themselves. Link had made seared steak and baked apples for everyone which everyone was overjoyed to eat after a long day.

Around and hour later everyone had gone to sleep except me and link. He actually thought I was asleep because I had laid down around 30 minutes ago to try and sleep but my thoughts kept me awake. If the prosses was going by so quick I would have to confess to him faster. I could hold it off but its hard enough already so I knew I had to do it then.

Link was over by the fire drawing in his journal. Probably finishing up that picture. I had thought about it before and now I knew that I actually really wanted it in my room. I would definitely ask later.