Chapter 2- Goron city pt.1

Link (POV)

I woke up early as usual and decided to make us some breakfast. I was debating on omelets or oatmeal but I decided that I would make fruitcake which was Zeldas favorite. I quickly got to work by going outside to the cooking pot. To my surprise is was very cold out. It felt nice though considering how hot it was in my house.

I brought out the Tabatha wheat, sugar cane, goat butter, egg, and a hearty duran and cooked them all in the pot. I hummed a little tune while making it. I decided to give her the whole thing because she deserved it more than me. I made a regular omelet instead.

Zelda was awake by the time I got back inside and she looked delighted when she saw the cake I prepared for her. She rushed downstairs and sat down across from me. While eating she paused "Arent you going to have any link?" I shook my head and motioned towards the omelet to the side of me. She smiled understanding and procceded to go back to her meal.

After we finished we decided to go into town to stock up on bomb arrows. They were my favorite arrows so I thought I should get some. I was getting my stuff on like the master sword and a Lynal sheild as well as a Lynal bow when Zelda came up to me. "Uh... link? Could I ask a favor of you?" I turned towards her. She looked a bit different and I noticed it was because her hair was in a semi ponytail. The hair tie was to her shoulders. "Sure." I said. "Can I borrow your sword for a second?" Confused I took it off from my back and handed it to her.

She took a deep breath before bringing it up to her hair. She sqeezed her eyes shut and I only then relized what she was doing. She sliced through her hair so it went to her shoulders.

She let out a breath and looked at the clump of blonde Locks that was now in her hand heald in place by a hair tie. She chuckled and then started laughing which made me laugh. She looked rather pretty like that "Oh that feels so much better! I really needed that change..." she said. She went up to a mirror that was placed underneath the stairs. She smiled. Turning to me she handed my sword back and smiled "Thank you so much! H-how does it look?" "It looks great on you princess." I said. She rubbed the back of her neck "Thank link it means a lot..."

We then left, Zelda grabbing her eighfold blade on the way out along with a sheika sheild. We grabbed our horses and headed out to the small town. We soon made it to the shop selling my arrows. "Can you wait here with the horses?" I asked. The last thing I needed was our horses getting stolen. She nodded and I left going into the building. I quickly bought the arrows and also got some regular arrows because they were cheap and I got out of there.

I walked outside only to see that one weird guy who was "checking" everyone. He was talking to a very uncomfortable looking Zelda which made me mad "U-uhh sorry i-i said no..." she said backing up to Epona. Livid I walked up to them "Do we have a problem?" I asked getting in front of Zelda protectively. She sighed while looking up at me. The guy looked at me not looking very intimidated. I gestured towards my sword and he immediately backed off running away. Coward.

I looked at Zelda who was smiling at me "Oh thank you link! He was very creepy. He kept asking if I liked crickets..." I smiled "No problem. Sorry for keeping you out here alone... are you alright?" I asked taking her hand. She looked kind of red for some reason? "Y-yes im alright now link thank you..." I was glad for that.

I helped her get on her horse and made sure she had her weapons on properly. She got red at that too. I got on my horse and handed Zelda a apple for her white horse to have. She smiled greatful. After feeding them to our horses we starting riding off towards goron city. Normally I would just teleport there but it only worked for one person.

We rode for about two hours before we found a stable to stop at. It was around lunchtime by then so I made us some meat skewers with a bowl of fruit on the side. Zeldas favorite fruit i remember was apples and mighty bananas so I put thoes together for her.

"Link when did you become such a good cook?!" She exclaimed while eating the skewers. I smiled and shrugged before taking another bite out of my food. My favorite fruit was the hearty duran. Mostly because of all the hearts it gave me when cooked.

After we finished I gave our horses some carrots and we headed out again. We were about 5.miles away from the stable at the bottom of death mountain so it would be about nighttime when we got there which would be fine.

We were riding at a nice pace. Not sprinting but we were making good time nonetheless. We were silent before Zelda started to speak. "While we're at goron city I would like to ask if we could possibly have the gorons help us with rebuilding castle town and possibly hyrule castle. They would bring a great deal of help..." I nodded in agreement. "I was also wondering what we could do with the divine beasts. And maybe just maybe we could make it so what happened to them never happens again." She said sadly "I still blame myself for that... I know it wasn't REALLY my fault I just didn't know how to approach it. I know now what mipha was going to to me before we were interrupted. She so right about it..." Zelda said looking embarrassed. "Zelda are you... alright? Your looking quite pale." I said reaching over to put my hand on her forehead. She became more red "UHHH yes I'm alright link!!" She said gripping the reins. I then had a thought "Oh by the way I have a sort of gift for you."

We got to the stable at the bottom of the volcano called death mountain. I looked around taking notice of the fact that there was barely anyone there. Just the stable workers. I didnt even see the odd but kind seller named beetle. I even had a spare beele that he would find quite impressive.

We borded our horses for the night decided that since it was already so late we would just go tomorrow. "So what was the gift?" Zelda asked me excitedly. I reached for my side taking out the slate. I tapped around a bit before clicking I certain rune. I angled the slate till I found a food spot to put my machine and out came my divine beast.

Zelda ran towards it and marveled at it. "Woah link what is this?" I walked over "Just a little gift from the monks. After saving all of the divine beasts I had to go through a lot of trials before I got this. They said it was my own divine beast of sorts." She looked at the machine in awe. She looked so mesmerized by it. It was really quite amazing how she got excited over everything. She looked so happy.

"A-am I allowed to study it? Maybe go for a ride? Oh this is going to be so much fun!" She said touching the handle bars and everywhere else on it. "How does it work?" I took her hand which she looked surprised about "How about I show you?"

We zoomed down a big hill on the bike while Zelda yelled in delight. She was sat in front of me while I controlled the thing. "Oh my gosh link we must be going as fast as a lynal! Ooh ooh maybe even faster!" She said grinning. My face flushed. Oh what this girl was doing to me. No no link you cannot think like that! You are her knight! You must remain professional!

I smiled back at her "We should head back now. Its almost sundown." She huffed but agreed and we made our way with ease back up the hill.

We got settled in our beds which were placed next to eachother. This time I got us BOTH soft beds which she was happy about. While she was washing her cloths in the river outside, which she insisted on going by herself, I was tangled in my thoughts.

'Oh this is silly! I don't have to be thinking about this as much as I am. Its just nerves. I'm gonna be nervous after 100 years of not seeing her. Nothing else is happening. Nothing. I-' "Hey link are you okay over there?" I sat up straight quickly. She looked at me confused "Woah sorry I didn't mean to scare you!" She said. I shook my head at her dismissively.

When she was settled she turned the lights off before laying her head on the pillow and before I could stop my self my stupid mouth spoke "Zelda." "Oh yes link?" She asked. "G-goodnight sleep well..." I said not knowing what else to say. She giggled a bit "Goodnight link..." we both drifted off into a deep sleep.

👻Hi guys! It has taken me couple days to write this but its finally done. I just got on summer break so ill be writing more. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Goodnight you guys! Love you!👻