Chapter 33

Adam was... Well, anyone but Adam.

Rory didn't know how to describe it. He had no idea what music his boyfriend was hearing, but it wasn't the beat coming from the speakers. He circled around, his hands above his head until he almost tripped, and he giggled when Rory—who was much smaller than him—caught him clumsily.

Adam wrapped his arms around Rory's neck, giving him a sultry look. "I think you're sweet." He buried Rory's face in sloppy kisses, who was only trying to keep him on his feet so the both of the wouldn't end up on the floor.

"Don't you think I'm sweet?" Adam pouted. There were no sparkles in his eyes, his mood had switched immediately. "Do you think Emilio is sweeter? Do you want to dance with him?"

Rory suppressed a sigh. "No baby. I wanna dance with you."

He didn't understand how the boy could be so drunk all of a sudden. The last drink he had, was a coke, for crying out loud! Had he been drinking that much when Emilio and he had been doing karaoke? But that had been one song—and he must have slammed a whole bottle to get this drunk! He couldn't imagine Adam doing such a thing.

"Then dance!" Adam said in a whiny voice. "Dance dance dance!" He grabbed his hands to swing him around as little children did, but after two steps Adam already bumped into a girl. Rory had been so busy with Adam, that he hadn't noticed the girl was dancing with Emilio and the two stumbled backward. Rory threw Emilio an apologetic glance, hoping the boy didn't think he was doing this out of jealousy. Then he shifted his focus back to Adam, who was sitting on the floor, rubbing his ankle and looking up at Rory, his lip trembling like that of a little child. He was about to cry any moment.

Sighing, Rory helped him back to his feet. "Let's go home, okay?"

He was afraid of the consequences this would have for Adam. He would probably never touch alcohol again and maybe he wouldn't want to return to this place at all, burning with shame.

"No!!! I don't want to go home!" He yelled so loud it made Rory flinch, and an angry frown crept upon his otherwise so sweet face.

"Okay, then we stay. But I'm tired of all the dancing, Adam. Can we sit for a while?"

"But I'm not tired. I'm noooooot tired at all!"

Rory didn't dare to leave him alone either. Instead, he wrapped his arms around him to slow dance, even though it didn't fit the music. He however was pretty sure Adam wouldn't notice and he hoped it would calm the boy down a bit.

"But when I get tired... Will you come with me?" Adam muttered, his chin on Rory's shoulder. His hands glided across his back, his thumbs pressing uncomfortably hard against his spine.

"Yes, then I'll bring you home," Rory promised. "Are you tired?"

"A little." He leaned heavily against Rory. "But will you stay with me? All night long? I want to sleep with you." He hugged Rory tightly. "For I think you're sweet. And I love you. Did I ever tell you? I love you for suuuuuch a long time! A lot. A really really big lot." He rubbed his head along Rory's neck as if he were a cat.

Rory didn't know what to answer. He was afraid Adam's mood would switch again when he didn't repeat the words, but he wanted the words to be true, the first time he said them—he didn't want it to be a response to drunk talk.

"Shall we go home?" he tried once again.

"Will we kiss again?" Adam returned his gaze again, his eyes wide. "I want to kiss you." He leaned into him, whispering in his ear: "Maybe without clothes!"

Rory felt his stomach churn. He wouldn't leave him until he was himself again, but what if Rory did come with him and Adam started to undress? He knew his boyfriend would feel terribly embarrassed the next morning.