Chapter 9

Emilio woke up when someone stumbled into his room, laughing loudly. The desk chair fell over and as Emilio rolled on his side, he saw that Juan was struggling with his jeans while trying to take them off.

"Fuck, I'm so drunk," his friend chuckled. "You better pray I'm not gonna puke." He flopped down on the edge of his bed — miscalculating the distance so his hip slammed against the wood, making him cuss.

"What the hell are you doin' here?" Emilio answered, only half awake. "Why don't you sleep at Dana's? You know I've slept here the past week."

"Hm? Well — I was in a fight with Dana." He sounded sad. "She was wearing such a hot dress — and I was stupid, I told her to wear something else if she was going out without me. And then, she got mad. And I felt like shit so I drank way too much but now I'm fine." Chuckling, he shoved underneath the blankets. "And tonight I'm gonna sleep in my own bed." He hugged his pillow. "I've missed you."

"Dude!" Emilio kicked Juan's leg. "I sleep naked."

The boy shrugged. "I've seen you naked before. And this is my bed. You can sleep on the floor if you like. So, how was your date?"

Emilio let out a grunt.

"Your first date was a disaster? How do you feel now? Wait — lemme switch on the light before I fall asleep." Juan reached for the night light. Emilio squeezed his eyes against the bright light. The moment Juan looked at Emilio's face, his eyes almost popped out. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Angry sister," he muttered. "It was stupid. I wanted to bang Alex's sister. I knew she would be pissed but Jip is hot."

The words barely seemed to reach Juan. Absently, he lifted his hand and brushed his fingertips across the swelling on his cheekbone. "Does it hurt?"

Emilio stared at him. What the fuck was he doing? "I'm fine," he muttered eventually. "She's gonna beat the shit outta me Sunday."

"Hmm..." His hand descended, caressing the stubble on Emilio's jaw.

"What the fuck are you doin'?" Emilio had wanted to snap at him, but his voice was shaking.

"We had a guy's night and we were doing some truth and dare game and I had to tell 'em which guy I'd kiss if I had to choose. So I told them I'd kiss Isa since he looks like a girl. But I was thinking of you."

"Right. This is fucking gay."

Juan chuckled — or maybe he was more giggling. "Aren't you curious?"

"To what?"

"What it feels like to do... stuff with a guy?"

"No. Fuck off."

Juan stared at him.

Emilio swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous.

"You're too chicken?"

Emilio didn't answer. He avoided Juan's gaze, his heart was slamming in his chest.

"You're curious too, huh?" He brushed Emilio's lips with his thumb. "Nobody will ever know. Our little secret." He laughed quietly. "Shall we do it?"

Emilio held his breath as his eyes wandered to Juan's. "You're fucking serious, huh?"

"Hmm-hmm." He leaned closer to Emilio, his lips an inch away from Emilio's. "Last chance," he whispered.

Kissing a guy... It had never crossed his mind. He already felt sick when he saw two kissing guys on tv, let alone that he'd ever considered doing it himself. And yet... Right at this moment, he couldn't remember why it had disgusted him. His glance shot from Juan's lips to his brown eyes. His wide pupils told him he was high and he knew his friend would never have done this when he was sober. He had a girlfriend, for fuck's sake. He however was too weak to come up with that argument out loud. Juan's hand slightly pressed against his bruised jaw; despite the pain, he didn't want his friend to pull his hand away.