To Love a Rebel part 2

Ashlynn Ella x Reader
Part 2!

"Are you sure this will work?" Ashlynn whispered to Duchess. "Isn't there a safer way? One that doesn't involve squishing innocent leaves?"
She and Duchess were hiding behind some bushes with pink and purple hearts that decorated the True Hearts Day dance entrance. 
"Of course it will work! My plans always work. And if you want to be with your rebel sweetheart you'd better be willing to crush a few innocent leaves." Duchess hissed. 

"But---" Ashlynn tried to protest.
"SHHH! Here they come!" Duchess said. 
True enough, there came (Y/n) wearing a tuxedo, a scarlet red skirt, the boots Ashlynn had given them, black leggings, and studded leather bracelets and necklaces marking their rebellious side.

"Alright, you already know the plan so if you follow it all the way through you'll be flying off into the sunset with Hood kid and I'll get your Happily Ever After. Got it?" Duchess whispered, as (Y/n) edged closer to their hiding spot.  
Ashlynn nodded, she personally didn't think that Duchess' plan was a good one but she posed no further argument as (Y/n) got closer. 

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Ashlynn thought. "Maybe I was wrong about wanting to be a rebel, maybe my feelings (Y/n) are just some weird hex I'm feeling, Apple did warn me that all those late nights making shoes would get to my head----"

"Here they come!" Duchess hissed, breaking Ashlynn from her thoughts. "Be ready on my signal."
Ashlynn thought she looked beautiful in her scarlet red dress, and studded leather vest marking her rebellious side. 
"Ready..." Duchess commanded. "Steady...---NOW!"

Without any warning whatsoever Duchess pushed Ashlynn out of their hiding spot. 
Ashlynn let a squeak come out of her mouth as she came crashing down on (Y/n).
"Hi!" Ashlynn said, crimson lining her cheeks. 
"Hey." (Y/n) said, unfazed by the fall. 

"Slippers! How does she manage to be so cool despite having been knocked on the ground by another person?" Ashlynn thought. 
"You gonna get off of me or...?" (Y/n) asked. 
"Oh! Yes!" Ashlynn said, getting off of (Y/n).
Brushing off none-existent dust from her embroidered skirt, Ashlynn offered a hand to (Y/n), which they accepted. 

"Eep! I can't believe we just held hands!" Ashlynn squealed inside her head. "Okay, play it cool Ashlynn, this is your chance to finally tell (y/n) how you feel and maybe even get to go on a date with her. Don't blow it!" 
Ashlynn opened her mouth but no words came out.
She tried again but all she could muster was: "H-h-hey...(Y/n)."
"What is going on?" Ashlynn thought. "I've talked to (Y/n) before why can't I form a sentence now?" 

Out of the corner of her eye she could see Duchess facepalming from their hiding spot.
"Oh look there's Hopper!" (Y/n) said, breaking the awkward silence between them. 
Hopper---in frog form----hopped to them, looking relieved to see them. 
"Thank goodness I found you." Hopper said. "I'm afraid as I was trying to talk to The Beauty that is Briar I wound up in this state." 
Gesturing to his frog-like form he let out a mournful croak. 
"Perhaps one of you would be ever so kind enough to..." 

"Don't worry Hopps I got you." (Y/n) said, kneeling to be at Hopper's level. 
Taking Hopper into their hands, (Y/n) planted a kiss on Hopper's cheek, reverting him back to his human form. 
"Phew! Thanks (Y/n)!" Hopper said. "Your shoes look great!" 
"Thanks, Ashlynn picked them out for me." (Y/n) said, placing a hand on Ashlynn's shoulder. 
Ashlynn couldn't say anything so instead she just smiled and let out a happy but nervous squeak.

"You look great." (Y/n) said, fixing Hopper's bowtie. "Care to dance with me?" 
"Sure!" Hopper said, taking (Y/n) by the hand. "Hope you don't mind if I step on your shoes." 
(Y/n) laughed. "Don't worry, Ash made sure they were stomp proof."
"Alright, don't say I didn't warn you." Hopper said.
(Y/n) giggled, then took Hopper's hand, leading him to the dance floor. 

"Riddle you later Ashlynn!" (Y/n) called. 
"Bye." Ashlynn managed to say. 

She watched enviously as Hopper and (Y/n) walked to the dance floor, laughing and talking so smoothly unlike the disaster she had been when trying to tell (Y/n) she liked them. 
Duchess walked up to Ashlynn, a frown laced on her petite face. 
"That was terrible! Simply terrible!" she said, crossing her arms. "I've seen furniture have better conversations than what you just did!" 

"I'm sorry..." Ashlynn whispered, embarrassed herself. "I don't know what came over me. It's almost like I couldn't think of a single coherent thing to say." 
Duchess let out a frustrated sigh.
"Lucky for you, I always have a plan B." she said. "Time to go Black Swan on this romance."
Pulling out her Mirrorphone Duchess dialed a number and said: "Kitty, we'll need the fudge." 
Kitty's voice came from the other end of the line. "Meeeooow~~~I knew she couldn't do it." 

Two seconds after Kitty said that a bowl of chocolate fudge pudding came flying through the room and landed on Hopper. 
"DUCHESS!" Ashlynn yelled. 
"Hey, I'm trying to get you with your Rebel Sweetheart you should be thanking me." Duchess said.
"Poor Hopper." Ashlynn said, watching as a now fudge sopping Hopper was being escorted out of the building by Cedar Wood and Ginger Breadhouse. 

(Y/n) watched sadly as their friend left, and now stood in the middle of the dance floor unsure what to do. 
"There's your chance go get it!" Duchess said, pushing Ashlynn to where (Y/n) was.
"Gah! Okay!" Ashlynn said. What was with Duchess and shoving her to places?

Regaining her composure Ashlynn walked up to (Y/n). 
"Hey." She said.
"Hey." (Y/n) said. 
"Sorry bout' Hopper." Ashlynn said, gesturing to where they had escorted Hopper. 
"It's alright, he looked so sad that Briar hadn't even noticed him." (Y/n) said. "I think he was happy to leave." 
"Hey, at least he liked your shoes." Ashlynn said.

(Y/n) laughed and soon enough Ashlynn joined in.
"Okay Ashlynn you can do this. You've made it this far now tell her how you feel!" 
Taking a deep breath Ashlynn was about to come clean when suddenly the music died down and Cupid's voice came on the mega-speaker. 

"Attention everyone!" Cupid said. "Tonight you have all been gathered here to celebrate True Hearts Day. A day that allows us fairytale characters big and small to be able to be with the ones we truly love." 
The crowd of fairytale characters all cheered in agreement. 
Ashlynn smiled, at least she wasn't alone in wanting to be with someone she wasn't destined to be with. 

"Without further adieu, I present to you all the Hearts from The Heart Tree." Cupid said, and as she spoke purple heart-shaped like fruits fell from the ceiling and into out stretched fairytale character's hands. 
A heart managed to land in Ashlynn's hands as well.
"This tradition was made so that fairytale characters could have an easier time expressing their lover for one another and I wanted to share this tradition with us, so everyone grab a heart and be with the person your heart truly desires!" Cupid yelled.
The music went back on and everyone was now going off to be with their true loves. 

Ashlynn stared at the heart, then at (Y/n). 
(Y/n) chuckled. 
"How lucky the person will be when they find out that you love them." (Y/n) said. 
"Um...Actually..." Ashlynn said, handing the heart over to (Y/n). 
"You can do this Ash! You can do this!" 
"It's for you." 

(Y/n) blinked. 
A few moments of silence passed, Ashlynn thought she had made the biggest mistake of her life when (Y/n) spoke.
"R-r-really?" (Y/n) asked, a blush forming on their face.
"Really." Ashlynn said. 
(Y/n) smiled. 
"Took you long enough." 

Now it was Ashlynn's turn to blush, well for the hundredth time that day anyway.
"You knew?" Ashlynn asked. "How?"
Then it dawned on her. "Duchess." 
"Yeah, I had no idea about the pudding though, I'll have to make it up to Hopper somehow." (Y/n) said. 
Ashlynn was too dumbfounded for words. (Y/n) had known all along and had been roped into Duchess' scheme to get her to confess. 
"But why?" She asked, finally finding her voice. 

(Y/n) smiled, gods Ashlynn loved that smile.
"I really like you." They whispered. "And call me cliché but I was scared that you might turn me down. You're just so cool and classy, and I'm such a weirdo. I figured that if it was you too confess I wouldn't be too embarrassed to say it myself."
When they finished their cheeks were burning red. 
At that Ashlynn smiled. 

"You'd be surprised, I'm not as cool as you think I am." Ashlynn said.
(Y/n) smiled, extended their hand, and said: "May I have this dance?" 
Ashlynn was internally screaming, mother-goosebumps had formed on her arms. 
"I'd love to." She said, taking (Y/n)'s hand. 
And together they danced the night away.