Heart of Wood Part 2!

To: All my lovely readers who have been waiting patiently for my updates. 
Thank you. I'm not the most consistent writer in the galaxy. 

Previously on Heart of Wood:

No, She told herself. I am Lizzie Hearts, daughter of my Mother, the Queen of Hearts, and I DO NOT have any feelings for anyone, especially for some girl made of wood. 

On with the show

As Lizzie ran off, Cedar chased after her. She hadn't meant for what had just happened to happen. Behind her she heard Blondie Lockes calling out for her, asking for an interview, but Cedar ignored her. She needed to find Lizzie. 
She searched everywhere in the castleteria, the gardens, and the girls' bathroom. 
When she had finished searching all the janitors closets, she decided to try her luck in the dorm. 
As she passed through the halls she heard the whispers of the students. 
"That's the girl who managed to get Lizzie to stutter!"
"I think I know her, she's the puppet girl."
"When Lizzie gets back, she's gonna be toast."
"Do you really think that Lizzie might like her?" 

Cedar couldn't take it, it wasn't fair that Lizzie was being judged for an accident she had caused.
"All of you shut up!" She blurted. 
The students who had been whispering immediately stopped and looked at her. 
Cedar's hand flew to her mouth.
"Sorry!" She said, and quickly walked away from the group. 
Many people knew this about Cedar. How she was cursed to never lie. While that was a good thing at most times, it also meant she couldn't help but blurt out what she felt most of the time which could be very awkward and uncomfortable at most. 

Cedar was relieved when she made it to the dorm. Hopefully, she could find Lizzie and fix this mess. 
She knocked on Lizzie's door. 
Lizzie opened it but the moment she saw Cedar she slammed the door shut. 
Cedar knocked again.
"Lizzie," she called.
"Go away Wood-girl!" Lizzie yelled, her voice slightly muffled by the door. 

"I'm sorry." she said.
She opened the door slightly.
"May I come in?" 
Lizzie made a harrumph sound so Cedar remained at the door frame. 
The light from the hallway poured into Lizzie's room which was a mess. Well, it was always a mess so that was pretty normal. Even an army of cleaning fairies couldn't keep it clean for long.

On Lizzie's bed was Lizzie Hearts and for once, the future queen of Wonderland didn't look so queenly at all.
Her hair was a mess, her make-up was smeared and from her puffy eyes it looked like she had been crying. Her heart shaped crown was on the ground, tipped to the side. Like a fallen chess piece. 
Cedar took a deep breath. 

"Lizzie, I'm sorry---" she began.
"YOU!" Lizzie yelled but Cedar noticed it wasn't in her usual yelling voice, the one that made winds stop and dragons quiver. That was the sound of a queen giving commands, this one sounded more like a little girl who was scared of the dark. 
"This is all YOUR fault." Lizzie yelled. 
"I didn't mean to embarrass you..." Cedar tried. 

"Well that's what you just did!" Lizzie yelled again, this time it was more in her usual queen voice. 
She stood up to her feet and looked Cedar directly in the eye; her turquoise irises blazing with rage. 
"You made me look like fool in front of everyone! EVERYONE" 
Lizzie's face turned so red it matched her heals. 
She started marching towards Cedar until they were just noses apart. 
"You took away my reputation." She said. "Now everyone thinks I'm some bumbling baboon who submits to the Wood-girl!"

A tear trickled down Lizzie face, she quickly brushed it away.
"This is all your fault." Lizzie said, looking away. 
She looked Cedar directly in the eyes again. 
"Say it! Say this is all your fault."

"This is all my fault." Cedar said.
Cedar looked at Lizzie she was nearly at the brink of tears. She wanted to say something next, but what? She was cursed to never lie and sometimes the truth wasn't the best to be heard but she couldn't lie either.
Finally, she decided to just go with the truth. 

"Look, Lizzie I'm sorry you were embarrassed by me and in front of everyone at school."
Cedar said. "I'm not sure how we can fix it. But I promise you, we'll find a way." 
She extended her wooden hand. "My name is Cedar Wood, by the way. Just thought that you should know, because you um...keep calling me Wood-Girl." 
When Cedar finished her speech, Lizzie felt her heart beating like she had just run 30 miles again. 
She wanted to take Cedar's hand, to accept her help. But a voice inside her head whispered: What would your mother think? 

Lizzie brushed that aside, while she did care what her mother thought, she also knew she had her own thoughts to think, and maybe just maybe being in love with this Wood girl---er, Cedar Wood, wouldn't be so bad. So long as nobody knew about it. 
Without giving it a second thought, Lizzie took Cedar's hand and pulled her into a deep embrace. 
Cedar was shocked at first but soon hugged back. 

The hug lasted for longer than it should and when they pulled away, Lizzie brushed a loose strand from her hair, her cheeks glowed pink. Cedar's were as well but due to her made of wood it wasn't as obvious. 
"Thank you Wood-Girl, er Cedar." Lizzie said, smiling. 

The End...Is Only the Beginning
Happy belated Easter everyone!
Sorry this took so long.