Chaos and Roses (Cupid Meets her Match part 2)

Cupid x Anti-Cupid! Fem!Reader
Part 2

Today was supposed to be the best day of Cupid's life.
True Hearts Day was here and everyone was having a spelltacular time. 
Couples danced, best friends laughed, and fairytale characters big and small were with their true loves. 
It was all thanks to her of course. 
Cupid who was the daughter of Eros had wanted to celebrate the forgotten holiday and despite Headmaster Grimm forbidding it, she with the help of Briar and Hopper had put together this amazing dance. 

Still, despite how happy she was about how the dance had turned out, and how proud of her and her friends she was, she still couldn't get that sinking pain in her heart to go away. 
And that pain, was Dexter Charming. 
The second Charming child had always been the apple of Cupid's eye and was the cause of that sinking pain in her heart today. 
Because despite all her best efforts, Dexter was in love with another, Raven Queen.
The daughter of the Evil Queen. 

While Cupid was in love with Dexter and wanted him to feel the same way for her she knew that it couldn't be so, as the daughter of Eros she had to play matchmaker for the two lovebirds and get them to fall in love.
Even if she loved one of them. 

Cupid sighed. 
Standing in the corner of the room, she watched as Dexter and Raven sat together at a table, her heart aching with every passing moment. 
How I wish that were me. Cupid thought.
Cupid's heart ached even more as she watched them together, talking, laughing, smiling, holding hands. AUGH!
She couldn't take it any more. 

Going off to the balcony, Cupid took a deep breath and soaked in the midnight air. 
It smelled like roses, fresh leaves, dew drops, and something else...
Cupid took another whiff of the air, the smell was stronger, Cupid then realized what it was,
Lavender.

In a burst of lavender smoke, (Y/n) the daughter of Eris appeared, this time she was wearing a simple black and purple tunic, a silver sash around her waist, and her lavender hair was down instead of it's usual two braids. 
In all honesty, Cupid thought she looked hot.

"I've kept my end of the deal Cupid." (Y/n) said, sauntering over. "And True Hearts Day is almost over." 
Cupid couldn't care less what (Y/n) did, she was honestly glad True Hearts Day was over. 
(Y/n) noticed Cupid's lack of hostility towards her and cocked an eyebrow in confusion. 
"A Chaos Emerald for your thoughts?" 
"Huh?" Cupid asked. "Oh it's nothing."
Cupid waved a hand dismissively.  

But (Y/n) knew when trouble was lurching, she wouldn't be the daughter of the Eris if she didn't.
She thought that maybe this was Cupid's way of getting back at her for all the chaos she's done and that this was all a set-up just to get her guard down. 
Still, Cupid looked upset and that made (Y/n) upset, no one but she and she alone was allowed to make Cupid upset.

After a few moments of silence, (Y/n) takes a deep breath and asks, "Who was it?" 
"Huh?" Cupid asked. 
"Who was it?" (Y/n) repeated. "Don't think I know the after effects of Chaos Cupid, I am  the daughter of Chaos after all."
"It was no one (Y/n), please just go do something chaotic or whatever True Hearts Day is over like you said." Cupid said, turning away from (Y/n). 

It was then (Y/n) knew someone had truly hurt Cupid. 
She would never, never let (Y/n) get away with doing something that would hurt the very thing that she loved especially on a day like this. 
"Cupid," (Y/n) said, slowly. "I know we may be rivals but the point of being rivals is so we can have the joy of crushing each other not watching the other mope around because someone else toppled you."

"I already said it was nothing." Cupid said, her voice flat and defeated.
"It's not nothing if it's making you act this way!" (Y/n) argued.
"Well, it is! So stop bothering me." Cupid shot back.
"AAAAUUGGHH! Just tell me, who hurt you!" (Y/n) yelled, frustrated. 
"His name is Dexter alright?!" Cupid shouted, surprising both of them. 
"It was Dexter he and Raven are together, and well... I love him okay?"
Cupid crossed her arms, not looking at (Y/n). 
There she had said it, now (Y/n) knew who she liked, what was she going to do? 
Reveal a megaphone that had been floating in front of her with an invisibility spell so the whole school would know? Announce it live on Blondie's Mirrorcast show? What was it gonna be? 

To Cupid's surprise (Y/n) did none of those things. Instead, (Y/n) had wrapped her arms around Cupid and had pulled her into a hug.
Cupid wiped a tear away from her face, she hadn't realized she was crying until now. 
"I don't know what that Dexter sees," (Y/n) whispered to Cupid. "But he defiantly doesn't see the Cupid who is so good at her job that I have to work double the amount just to keep up with her." "Thanks (Y/n)." Cupid said, trying to squeeze all her gratitude into those two words. 
It truly meant something if the daughter of Chaos and Discord herself  was willing to hug someone and admit she wasn't the best let alone her sworn rival. 

The two of them remained quiet, the night illuminating this enchanting moment between them.
And the strange thing, neither one wanted to let go.
Cupid loved the scent of Lavender on (Y/n)'s dress, her soft lavender hair tickling her cheeks, her heart beating against her own, she wanted this moment to last forever after.
The same could be said for (Y/n). 

"YOO-HOO! Cupid!" a voice called. 
The two girls turned to look, snapping them both out of their reverie. 
It was Briar Beauty and Hopper Croakington III, they were both headed to where Cupid and (Y/n) were. 
"Cupid? Where are you? We're about to do the unveiling!" Briar yelled. 

Cupid smiled, slightly disappointed that the moment had come to an end, but she had duties to attend to, she was the daughter of Eros the god of love after all.
"I gotta go." she said, a sad smile on her face.
 (Y/n) gave a small nod, glad that Cupid was feeling better. 

Cupid pecked (Y/n) on the cheek. 
"Thanks again, (Y/n)! See ya around." she said.
A bright blush filled (Y/n)'s face, she awkwardly gazed after Cupid as she ran back to be with her friends. 
A smirk formed on her face as she let out a small chuckle.
"Heh, anytime."