9. I was right

Tobys POV

I slowly sit up rubbing my eyes trying to stop crying. Another nightmare. I was used to it at this point but it doesn't mean I'm not scared of them. I hate nightmares, most of the time they're about Lyra, my dad, the fire, my mom...

I look around and am surprised to see Jack rubbing my shoulder? I'm not sure if I just didn't notice or if he just came in the room a second ago without me seeing? Either way, it's kinda nice. No one has really helped me with my nightmares since Lyra died.

(A/n I wanna clarify something, anything I haven't mentioned about his backstory, will be found out later. Yes there is alot he didn't tell them, he just didn't want to be made fun of or hurt more than he already thought he would be. He has trust issues, but is scared of slender, masky, hoodie, all the creepypastas so he doesn't wanna disobey them. So when they were saying stuff about wanting to know he agreed.
Back to the story)

I lean over to rest my head on jack shoulder, he flinches but eventually Wraps his arm around me and leans his head against mine.

It's warm, and I don't wanna leave this...I wanna stay like this forever. Just so I can finally be safe. FEEL safe. It's like when you've been scared and angry and terrified for so long it feels like you don't know how to do anything else, or to feel anything else, until it happens.

I wish I could be like Jack. He isn't scared of telling people what to do, he isn't a pushover. He doesn't just let people walk all over him.

He's nice.

He's kind.

He doesn't seem to blame me for my past

He doesn't seem to hate me for it either.

And for a minute, just a minute I completely forget all of my worries, was there even anything to be worried about in the first place?

End of chapter, I felt like after my very short hiatus I should give you guys some fluff, and you might get another chapter of fluff, but either way you'll never know.
Also I'm gonna do a q&a which will be in a separate book, but I wanna reach out far to ask for questions, so any that you have, you can put

Here ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~》》》>

Thank you. And even though Im back from hiatus I might not be at an everyday upload schedule but I'll try to post as often as possible.

THANK YOU FOR 50 READS, I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH SO MUCH!!!!!<3<3<3♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ appreciate you all, I hope you have a lovely day, and happy pride month!!
- erin/author