750 🃏 A Fortunate Coincidence

🛑 Stop
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR READERS REGARDING THEFT:

If you are reading this outside W-A-T-T-P-A- D, then you are reading STOLEN WORKS 🛑

PLEASE REPORT THIS UNDER COPYRIGHT, and do not support thieves. It breaks my heart.

Sincerely,
Eve ♡

~~~

Sam's fingers tapped anxiously in his pockets as he approached the destination on his phone map—the one that upon arrival, he realised was a café far too fancy for him to feel comfortable around. It belonged to a street of incredibly posh looking storefronts surrounded by flocks of well dressed people, however while he had lived in Seoul long enough to have gotten used to the preppy groomed fashion sense that the streets of Gangnam carried, suddenly, he felt underdressed.

Nervously, he flicked out of his maps and into his messages, glancing at the texts he had shared with the guy of whom Kim had introduced him to...

Someone who hadn't texted since last night, when the kind-seeming guy had said he was looking forward to meeting him.

It's just coffee, he told himself, straightening his shoulders and holding his chin as high as he could manage. Remember what Kihyun said.

Don't feel like you have to pretend.

And don't feel like you have to stay if you don't want to.

Just be yourself.

Nodding, he tried to slow his beating heart. Kim had told him he didn't owe it to anyone to "live up" to anyone else's standards, but now that he was really here, he was feeling incredibly inadequate...

It's just coffee, he thought, ignoring the part that whimpered, but it's my first date with a boy...

A boy that isn't Sangwoo...

Swallowing back the ache on his tongue, he forced his chin to hold high, driven by the severe desire not to pine for his best friend a moment longer.

I can do this.

I can do this...

I—...

He pushed open the café door...

...—Don't think I can do this anymore.

Staring at the sheer number of people standing around waiting to be served, his eyes automatically scanned the crowds for a guy his age standing alone, but he cringed when he realised there were multiple that fit the bill...

That's okay...

Pulling out his phone, he flicked into their texts, sending a short, "hi.. I'm here... 😊"

Glancing over the crowd, he waited to see if any of them would check their phone... He couldn't see anyone do it. Maybe he's late...?

I'm late too though...

Thanks to getting lost on the way...