614 🩺 Home Is Where The Heart Is

🛑 Stop
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR READERS REGARDING THEFT:

If you are reading this outside W-A-T-T-P-A- D, then you are reading STOLEN WORKS 🛑 

PLEASE REPORT THIS UNDER COPYRIGHT, and do not support thieves. It breaks my heart.

Sincerely,
Eve ♡

~~~

Sitting in his window seat, Yeosang hugged a pillow to his chest, staring at his phone laid out before him.

How did you let that happen?

A very angry, disgusted voice had been lecturing him for hours, pacing back and forth inside his head in fury,

I couldn't help it! cried another voice, the one that clearly represented his heart. It whimpered and felt so small that it almost held no weight, but alas, it poked its head out in terror, standing up for and defending the way it felt...

The way he, felt...

I can't believe you would let yourself do that! So, many, texts!!!

It was an accident!

And it had been... He genuinely hadn't meant to send anything to him at all!

It was just that... After lunch, spending it with his family... As happy as he was, the moment he was alone, he felt upset... He didn't know what it was that had caused it. He'd loved their morning. It wasn't often that they all got to be together, and his increasing homesickness had really needed the smiles...

But god...

The moment he was alone, he found himself sitting right there in his window, curled up as he guiltily scrolled through his messages with Jongho from when they'd been together...

So many happy memories...

He'd thought it would just upset him more, but somehow, it had comforted him...

Until at least, a stray tear slipped down his cheek, and as he went to swipe it away, his thumb slipped, accidentally selecting the last photo in his album, and incidentally, the first option to come up when the image option was selected: Send.

He'd panicked... Sloppily typing out too many messages to compensate for his mistake...

His heart had broken when he saw Jongho's read receipt appear under his texts, without even a moment of typing to follow. He'd cried, mad at himself for letting his heart become so tied to him...

But then almost an hour later, with tear-stricken cheeks dug into his brother's stolen jumper to silence his pain, his phone dinged, lighting up with a reply...

And his heart betrayed him before his brain even had a chance to oppose.

It was too easy to just give up... Instead of reading their messages, he could see new ones... He felt calmer with him... More tranquil... He could hold a phone that physically connected them in that moment, and that guilty, pathetic part of him was desperate for it...

So much so, that he would push aside everything, just to be able to breathe for a little while...

A while, that was now catching up to him.

Oh my god... Yeosang... You made a big mistake... What about your job? Yeosang you're his preceptor! You can't be texting privately with students!