574 🩺 So Pretty, Yet So Devastating

🛑 Stop
AN IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR READERS REGARDING THEFT:

If you are reading this outside W-A-T-T-P-A- D, then you are reading STOLEN WORKS 🛑

PLEASE REPORT THIS UNDER COPYRIGHT, and do not support thieves. It breaks my heart.

Sincerely,
Eve ♡

~~~

I should have gone home ages ago...

I probably shouldn't be here...

This isn't my place anymore.......

So why isn't he asking me to leave?

In the dark hospital corridor, Jongho sat on the ground leaning against a wall, staring out the glass wall on the other side at the night sky and city lights beyond it.

Indeed, it was a beautiful sight...

However staring at the lights was not what had led to him sitting in the dark hallway, well past midnight...

Instead, it was a head of blonde hair with dark roots, a small frame, and teary, tired eyes...

Yeosang...

Sniffing beside him, the blonde pulled a too-big jumper snugger around his shoulders, making him look absolutely tiny, and to top it off, he pulled his knees up to hug, burying his face away. So fragile... He wasn't anything like the stern doctor he saw during shifts... The kind of behaviour that seemed almost like a front - a front to gain respect and professionalism from his colleagues, and perhaps even drive a wedge between them...

No. Right now, sitting beside him in the dark, curled up into a ball, he looked like the Yeosang he knew. Not because he was crying, but because he was human.

He'd waited around six hours after his own shift had finished for Yeosang to finish his double. But even though he'd known he shouldn't have cared, there'd been something off about the blonde, and as much as he wanted to ignore it, he couldn't help it. He was worried about him. How could he not be? Even though he shouldn't have, he still cared... Still wanted him to be happy...

And so six hours later, when he'd walked down that deserted hallway to find Yeosang sitting in a ball with his head in his hands... When those dark sparkling eyes glanced up with tears in them...

He left behind any chance of him looking back.

Crossing to his side in the dark, he heard Yeosang sniff softly beside him, before he lifted his head to swipe at his tears...

Tears he hadn't at first understood why they were being shed. But after sitting together in silence for what felt like more than an hour, he had started to think they were simply tears of empathy and emotional exhaustion.

Yeosang's Hyung was upset, feeling guilty, as was his apparent husband, of whom was stressing over his friend's accident, as well as a child at home that they had to return to, to look after...

Yeosang's friends were unwell too, one in a hospital bed, another refusing to leave the hallway outside, and Yunho crying at Mingi's bedside...

And Yeosang's brother had dropped everything in the middle of the night, presumably after hearing the news, facing his fear of hospitals to come running to their aid. That much he had seen for himself, albeit by accident - the blonde sobbing in the west wing, before patting his chest determinedly, wiping away his tears bravely, and pushing forth into the hospital, refusing to shed another.