Chapter 1: Seraph

Orphic Ὀρφικά
(adj.)
Mysterious and entrancing, beyond ordinary understanding

↣↢↣↢↣↢↣↢↣↢↣↢↣↢↣↢

In the beginning, there was no war, only peace between Heaven and Eden's Garden. In the Garden existed two mortal beings who were created for a purpose that no one seemed to know, only the ones who had created them knew—the gods.

An angel was patrolling the borders of Heaven, smiling softly while looking down on the two humans who were walking around and giving weird names to different food and animals. The angel was curious as to what the humans might call the next animal. A mammal with a large bush of hair all around its face, sharp teeth sticking out of its mouth as it yawned in the shadow of a tree.

"Oh, I know! Let's call it a Lion," the little woman said excitedly.

"I like it," the male replied as he walked up to the animal, patting its head.

A Lion? Another odd name.

As the angel was following them carefully, the sound of a horn being blown alerted her. Her head snapped in the direction as her guard went up. Danger? No, it couldn't be. Spreading their six wings, they flew up to the throne, seeing a crying Samael on the ground. His arm resting on his knees, as his eyes peered up at the divine. Betrayal swimming in his pupils.

Is that... sadness?

Angels gathered in a circle as they watched how Samael was being judged.

"Seraphim, take him away."

"But, father!"

Two of the same species, flew as quick as light towards him, picking him up at the elbows. It seemed as though he was too tired to fight back, excepting his fate as they carried him out of the throne room.

"Samael?" the angel whispered, confusion lacing their voice as they silently flew towards the Seraphim. "Wait," they called out as they made their way to him.

The said angle looked up, eyes wide as they searched for the voice who had called out to him. Almost nearing the edge of the border he finally saw them, flying toward him. He reached out, his fingertips trying to touch their skin one last time.

But, alas it was too late. He felt himself falling, falling deep into the earth. Deep into the darkness.

"[Name]..." his voice faltered as they uttered their name.

⋙——————————————————⋘

Watching as they threw him off the edge, seeing the desperation in his eyes, made you feel something in your stomach. What is this feeling? I don't like it. The Seraphim turned around seeing you standing there.

"Sorry [Name], but he went against him. He had to be banished," one informed you.

"Oh, but couldn't I have said goodbye?" you asked.

They shook their head. "Strict orders."

"[Name], come see me please." You heard the familiar voice in your head.

"See you later, [Name]."

You nodded, turning around and shaking the odd feeling off. Spreading your wings once again, you flew towards the throne room seeing the familiar bright light shining through. Kneeling, you waited.

"[Name], you know you don't have to do that when we are alone. It's absolutely fine," you heard his voice.

"I know. I am just showing respect," you answered as you stood up. "You needed me?"