Chapter 12: A date gone... right?

Excitement was bubbling in your stomach.

You were going on a "date" with Brunhilde, which only means you were one step closer to wrapping her around your finger. The plan that you came up with has been proven quite difficult, but as soon as all the pieces fall into place, you will finally be in control of who dies and who lives in this tournament.

Kai, flew up from his post, his claws slightly digging into your shoulder when he landed. He has been the most excited about your date with Brunhilde. You don't know if it is because he likes her or if he just wants you to have a lover.

You gently pet his head, the small, soft feathers brushing against your fingertips. "It's almost time. What do you say we quickly go outside and you can fly around, hm?" you asked him.

He whistled happily, his claws digging deeper into your shoulder for a steady grip as the two of you made your way to the garden. You have gotten quite used to letting Kai fly, you are always mesmerized when his feathers would gleam in the sun.

As soon as you opened the door, Kai took off, the weight on your shoulder completely gone. He whistled loudly, his wings spreading to their full length. You decided to sit on the bench rather than walk around, the dress that you were wearing was uncomfortable but it was needed if you wanted this night to be a success.

Watching Kai soar through the sky made you feel relaxed. But that soon ended as a presence entered your senses. They sat next to you, their posture straight and precise, while their legs were crossed.

"I noticed you sitting here ever since I arrived here. Do you come here often?" they asked, their voice deep but not as overwhelming as Lü Bu and Raiden's.

You didn't turn to look at them, you recognized the smile and the face tattoo. "Hermes, correct?" you asked, avoiding his question.

He nodded, turning to look at you. "You were the maid that Hestia 'chose'. I guess the cat is out of the bag now that the gods have seen you as the human's representative. Do you normally have different identities?"

Your lip twitched into a small smirk. "You have no idea," you mumbled, finally turning your head as you look him in the eyes. "Once you live as long as any god, it starts to get boring," you told him, relaxing your back further into the bench. "I guess that is why I was attracted to history and art. Longing for the excitement I felt when I fought in battles and wars. When I had a purpose."

Hermes stayed silent as he listened. How can such a human sound so wise? What did you mean by lived as long as any god?

"Now my time is fading. I have almost completed my purpose. The only thing now is to figure out the meaning of love. The only mystery of the universe."

Hermes relaxed on the bench, a satisfied smile on his face. "You are interesting. It's refreshing."

You studied him, the feeling of suspicion rose the more you looked at him. "Why are you talking to me? Did Zeus set you up for the job?" you asked, your eyes narrowing when his head snapped to you. You scooted further away from him.

"I can do what I want. I don't have to follow my father around all the time," he said, a chuckle soon following. "You have a right to be suspicious, but as you said; "Once you live as long as any god, it starts to get boring." I think that you might provide me with this excitement you speak of, as could I give it to you."

You rose an eyebrow at him, your curiosity growing at his words. Relaxing back into the bench, you turned to watch Kai, he still flew with elegance. Sighing, your head dipped. "I might be stupid for asking, but," you looked up, making eye contact with Hermes. "What do you have in mind?"