Chapter 9: Training

"Alright, everyone! You can take a seat and we will begin shortly," Brunhilde exclaimed. She stood in her usual clothes, waiting as everyone took seats. The whole point of this gathering was to help boost their morale and hopefully squish some knowledge into their little manly brains. On that thought why are there no women? 

"Aye, teach! Shouldn't we be training for the fights? Why are we back inside?" Raiden asked.

"Well," Brunhilde started, pressing the projector button, and playing a slideshow. "This is more a less a lesson on some of the gods that will be fighting. The official list has not been selected yet, but I have a good feeling of who you will be up against."

"If I wanted a lesson on gods, I would've stayed on Earth," you snapped.

"Oof, she got you there," Nicola said, smirking as he looked through his goggles.

Brunhilde glared at him as he continued to smirk in her direction. "As I was saying, this is purely just a strategic plan to help you all know your opponents. The first is the King of gods, Zeus. He may look old and frail, but we all know what he is capable of. He defeated his father-"

"We know!" Raiden shouted.

"Ugh, fine. As I said before, Adam will most likely be going up against him. Your ability to copy anything by just observing it will come in handy when you fight against him. But I might suggest that you don't use it constantly," she said, looking towards Adam, he simply stared at her before taking a bite of an apple and spitting it out.

He looked down at the apple, frowning. "Sour," he said, throwing it away.

"As for Shiva, he is powerful. Extremely powerful. He is known for defeating Rudra, his best friend, in a brawl and has continued to brawl with all the Hindu gods. He has won all of them. He likes to implement dancing in his fighting, which makes it even more difficult and unpredictable. I also found out recently he can use pyrokinesis, otherwise known as fire," she said, pressing the button and showing a (handsome) god. His muscley four arms flexed as he stared at the camera with a smirk.

"I can take him," you said, nodding as you looked at him.

"No, you can't," Brunhilde deflected.

"I am sure she is capable. She seems... strong," Lü Bu said, looking over his shoulder as he made eye contact with him.

"Like I said," Brunhilde spoke, venom dripping as she spoke. "She will not be fighting. She is more important than fighting some gods."

"If it were me, I would do the same as Brunhilde here," Kojiro said, turning his head to look at you. "I would hate to see a beautiful flower wilt and die in battle. Honorable, yes. But, I would like it if you lived after we have just met you."

"Hey, stop flirting with [Name]. She's mine," Raiden said from behind you.

"Boys, you're both pretty but we need to focus on this, oh-so-important lesson on the gods," you simply said, calming the blush that started to form on your cheeks.

Stupid compliments

"Right, next. Poseidon. The most feared god out of everyone. I would advise that anyone fighting against him should consider his abilities and his triton. He has lived eons and had been trained to kill with that weapon. His most dangerous move would be the Medusa Alope Demeter. He moves at such a speed that he can unleash multiple attacks at once, creating a dome-like structure."

You nodded along as you saw Brunhilde flip through slide after slide. It was interesting, to say the least. The things you were learning right now seemed so much more different than when you were in College. The things they taught you were slightly off, while this seemed more personal. You could see the gods up close and talk with them. You were so used to reading about them that you hadn't realized that there could have been a possibility that they may have been real.