Chapter 16: Ugh... boys...

You were in soooo much trouble...

The wardrobe closet you were in was closely packed with clothes surrounding you, your breathing heavy from all the running you have been doing and it wasn't helping that you were hiding in the dead of night. Your mind was racing for a solution to your problem. Everything was quiet until the hair on the back of your neck stood up when you heard someone walk into the room you were hiding in.

"[Name]...?" you heard a deep voice whisper out into the darkness. Carefully placing a hand over your mouth, you took deep, slow breaths to keep quiet. The soft footsteps of them walking closer to the closet made goosebumps run up your arms. A hand stretched out to open the door you were hiding in, but they stopped momentarily when a swish was heard behind them. A trident pierced the closet door, wedging itself near your face. Your eyes widen when you stare directly at the trident's prongs in front of your eyes, mere centimetres away from your pupils.

"You are not worthy of them." Another voice joined in. Their cold tone grew colder when they glared at the man in front of the closet door. The two stared daggers at each other, one holding more malice than the other.

"I am not letting them escape me again. Not when I found them after thousands of years. More years than you were alive, Pisseidon," he replied, glowering at them.

The trident wielder held his gaze, narrowing his eyes in disdain. "Then we both have some mutual feelings over this, Demon."

You might be wondering how you were stuck in this dangerous situation... Well, it all started this one time, at band camp.

⋙———————⋘

𝟰 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

⋙———————⋘

"You agreed to what?!" Göll screeched, her fingers tangling in her hair from the frustration she was feeling. "What in your right mind, made you think it was a good idea to meet up with the Lucifer?!"

You pursed your lips when her frantic stare suddenly turned into a glare. "I mean well! It will help us win Ragnarok, I promise."

She shook her head in disbelief, a loud sigh leaving her mouth. "Is that why we are alone in a room? You didn't want Brunhilde to find out?"

"Yes.... that's one of the reasons..." you softly uttered. Göll's attitude shifted, her disbelief changing to confusion when she heard your nervousness.

"One of the reasons?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing. "What do you mean 'one of the reasons'?"

You nervously shifted on your feet, clearing your throat. "Well, ever since the dinner we had she's been acting very... possessive. I barely have any time to talk to the competitors!"

Göll nodded along to you, her lips pursing together. "Oh, I have been noticing that as well," she says, looking troubled. "Sorry about that, you must have reminded her of someone she knew in the past."

"I am well aware of who it is. Just don't tell her about the thing with me and Luci. I swear, it will benefit us in future rounds. Round one has set the bar low and the humans need some encouragement that we can win. Promise me, you will not tell her," you said seriously, placing your hands on her shoulders and looking straight into her eyes.

"What if she asks where you are?"

"Just tell her I am on a walk, or make something up," you tell her, relief flooding through you. "Thank you for this. I owe you!" you yell, waving to her as you left the room. Göll frowned watching you leave, her stomach twisting at the thought of lying to her sister. She left the room, her eyebrows furrowed and her lips in a thin line. How would she lie to her sister? She was a terrible liar!