Chapter 11: Fuck you, Zeus

"I can't believe it's today."

You were laying in your bed, a slightly bigger Kai sleeping next to your head. A maid had informed you 30 minutes ago that you were to get ready in an hour. You spent those thirty minutes loathing your decisions in life, wondering how on earth you got here. Now you have thirty minutes to get dressed and look decent. Yay.

You groaned as you through the blanket off of your body, grumbling a string of curses, swinging your legs off the bed, and walking to the closet. You weren't going to make yourself look pretty, that was the make-up artists' job. All you had to is sit and be a doll until you had to physically meet Zeus in the middle of an arena filled with gods and humans... no big deal.

Finishing up your outfit, you looked at Kai seeing him sleeping soundly. You weren't going to wake him up. He deserved some sleep after dying and being resurrected.

A knock sounded through the room, a pit forming in your stomach. You opened the door with a heavy heart, hoping it wasn't who you thought it was.

"Good morning, miss [last name]," an old maid smiled. The same old maid that forced you to serve the gods.

"Morning," you mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

"Let's get you ready for the big day!" She was way too enthusiastic this early in the morning.

"Um, quick favor," you suddenly spoke up, catching her attention.

"Anything, dear," she said, a skip in her step as she led you to the fitting room you were in yesterday.

"Before I go into the arena, I would like it if someone woke up Kai. It would mean a lot to me if he went in there with me," you told her.

"Of course. I'll bring him to you myself," she said.

Little did she know, Kai hates new people. You tried to keep your smirk under her radar as you approached the fitting door. It opened by itself revealing how Clotho was floating in distress. Her head snapped in your direction, a glare clear in her eyes as she watched you enter.

"Where have you been?!" she shouted, her eyes flashing red. "I have been waiting and not to mention we have a busy schedule."

"Last time I checked we weren't late," you told her, raising an eyebrow. "Are we late?" you whispered to the old maid next to you.

"I don't believe we are, miss," she told you, looking down at a pocket watch.

"I don't care if you were fifteen minutes early! That's still late," she said, waving her hand in the air. Three more nymphs walked out, one holding a make-up kit, another with different brushes, and lastly a butler with your dress in hand.

"This is your make-up artist, Lilia, and this is your hairstylist, Lucian," Clotho introduced them. They bowed down, got up, and immediately started to set up.

"Aren't there supposed to be more?" you asked. In all the movies you watched, you noticed that whenever there was make-up involved, there were at least three people.

"What? No, these are nymphs, not humans. They specialize in these kinds of stuff," she spoke up while she examined the dress in the butler's hand.

"Don't worry miss. We are the best of the best," you heard Lucian speak, a smile resting on his face as he placed pins on a table. Lily nodded along to his statement, getting out all of her make-up brushes.

You didn't complain further, standing in the middle as you were told. Clotho carefully took the dress out of its plastic bag, hanging on a hook in the dressing room. She pushed you forward, beckoning you forward to get dressed.