Chapter 11| River

"Hey, guess what?" Emily drops her tray of food on at the spot right next to me, and sits down. "There's gonna be this awesome party tonight."

"No." I immediately say. Wyatt can't have alcohol, so it's best to not go to a place where there's bound to be alcohol. We can't risk it.

"What? Why?" Emily whines.

"Because I said so." No point in making Wyatt feel worse about not being able to drink. He did it once when we first started high school, and he's never been able to touch it again. And rightly so.

"Boo!" Emily whines again giving me a thumbs down.

"Em, he's-"

"Emily, Wyatt. Her name is Emily, use it." I cut off Wyatt. No one gets to Emily Em but me.

Wyatt rolls his eyes smirking softly, "Emily, he's just saying no because I can't drink, and there's always alcohol at parties. Better safe then sorry."

I wasn't expecting Wyatt to say it, but that's fine. Both Emily and Abbey know he can't drink, but they probably forgot.

"I already knew that Wyatt. We'll all stay away from alcohol." Emily says rolling her eyes.

"Speak for yourself Em... ily." Abbey almost called Emily Em, but fixed her mistake. Good. "I'm planning on drinking."

"No, you're not. Drinking is bad Abs." Wyatt says giving Abbey a look. Abbey rolls her eyes.

"What would you know?" She scoffs and looks away. That was weird. Abbey's never like that. Never.

Wyatt looks at Abbey, looking confused and concerned at the same time. A little hurt too. If anyone knows about how drinking is bad, it'd be Wyatt. You know, the kid who almost died from alcohol poisoning?

"I guess no party then." Emily says, breaking the silence.

"Speak for yourself again Emily. I'm going." Abbey says throwing Emily an annoyed look.

"Your grandparents won't let you go by yourself." Emily says, narrowing her eyes the tiniest bit at Abbey.

"I'm not telling them. Obviously. Are you fucking stupid Emily?" Abbey scoffs rolling her eyes again.

"What the fuck did you just say?!" Emily says sitting up more, glaring harshly at Abbey.

"Woah, Abs what's up?" Wyatt asks.

"Nothing." She stands up and just walks away. Wyatt looks after her, watching her make her way out of the cafeteria.

"What's gotten into that girl?" Emily asks me crossing her arms.

I glance at where Abbey was sitting, seeing all she did was push her food around. I could've sworn I saw her eating though! I then spot a small pile of food on the ground right where Abbey's feet would be.

"Oh for fuck's sake!" I groan. I'm going to kill Dick.

I stand up, to get a better view of the cafeteria so I can find Dick easier.

"What Riv?" Emily asks.

"Oh my gosh!" Wyatt groans. I think he figured it out too. "I'm killing Dick."

"Guys! We've been in school for like three weeks, and we've already been suspended for beating him up. Why do you want to kill him?"

"I should've noticed how she only wore baggy clothes after that. And I have noticed how she seems to have lost weight." I hear a thump, and Wyatt groans. "Fuck, why'd I do that? Now I have a fucking headache."

I guess he let his head fall onto the table. Dumb move.

"Riv, explain please." Emily huffs.

"Remember how Dick said all that shit to Abs?" Wyatt mumbles, even though he's not called Riv last I checked.

"She's not fine like how we thought she was." I finish.

"No wonder I never saw her eat after that." Wyatt cries. "I want to kill him."

"Wait, are you guys saying Abbey hasn't been eating? Because I've seen her eat sometimes." Emily shrugs, then goes completely stiff.

"What? What did you just realize Emily?" Wyatt asks staring intensely at Emily.

"She always goes to the bathroom after I've seen her eat..."

"You mean you think she..." Wyatt trails off, Emily frowns nodding.

Since Wyatt's face was away from me, I couldn't see his tears, but I knew they were there. Emily hugged Wyatt, and I got out of my spot and go to the two. Emily pulls away from Wyatt, and I take her place. I hug my brother, not knowing exactly what's going through his mind right now. When I pull away, I wipe his teats away.

"It hurts Riv." He whispers. "She's slowly killing herself by not eating. I can't lose her. I love her." More tears stream down his cheeks, and my heart breaks for my baby brother. I don't know how'd I'd be acting if it was Emily starving herself, but I have a feeling I'd be the same. "I-if I lose her River, I'll have no purpose to be here. She's what I love for, she's all that kept me from killing myself, multiple times."

I hug Wyatt tighter. Wanting him to stop talking like that. I don't like thinking about how my brother still struggles with dysthymia. How he'll always be stuck with it.

"She's going to the party right? Just talk to her then Wy. I think it's time you tell her how you love her, how you find her so beautiful, how you need her. It'll mean more to her if she hears how someone loves her, for exactly who she is." I whisper to Wyatt.

"Yeah." He sniffs. "I'll do that. Anything. Anything to make her feel better." He whispers back, not letting go of me yet, keeping his head buried in my chest. Sadly enough, when Wyatt's dysthymia is too much for him to cover, which hasn't been for about six months after he dealt with it for three long years, he'd always cry. All the time, no matter where he was. This is our thing. I just hold him for as long as he needs.

*****
Sup tic tacs.

When I was putting together a family tree for one of my books, I realized something I totally forgot. So now I have had to change the entire plot and purpose for this book. But it's fine. And things are about to get crazy...

A beautiful crazy...

(Did you see what I did there?)