Chapter 42| Wyatt

"Wyatt, you feeling ok?" Abbey asks from the other side of my locked bedroom door.

I clear my throat, wiping the tears off my cheeks. "Yeah!" I yell, hoping she can't tell I'm lying.

I let myself fall back into my bed face down, and I cry into my pillow. I hate feeling this way. I feel so useless. I am useless.

"Wyatt, can I come in?"

"Uh, yeah. One minute!"

I sit up, frantically wiping my tears away. "I'm fine. Nothing's wrong. I'm peachy. No one needs to worry about me. Why? Because I am the definition of fine." I mutter to myself, taking a deep breath and opening my bedroom door, grinning down at Abbey.

"Have you been crying?" Abbey says, blinking up at me.

"Psh, no. Men don't cry." I say waving my hand and go to the corner of my bedroom where my keyboard is. And I start playing piano, hoping to advert attention off of myself. I'm fine.

"Wy, don't lie to me." Abbey says, front right behind me.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I'm learning this new song, and I'm stuck at this one part. I have to do two different rhythms one for each hand, and different things too." I say showing her how I can't do it.

Ha, it's a lie though. I figured out how to play the rhythms last night when I was refusing to sleep because of a nightmare, but refused to wake anyone up. I was up all night.

I purposely play it bad. "See, I just can't get the rhythm down!"

"Wyatt, don't switch the subject." Abbey says, I glance back at her, seeing her arms crossed.

"Um, you're the one switching subjects. I was talking about this piano song I'm trying to learn, and you don't seem to care."

Abbey groans. "Fine. Please, continue playing for me."

I grin, and start playing again. Abbey walks off, looking around my bedroom. I don't question it at first, until I hear her over by my desk. Shit.

I stop playing piano and whirl around seeing her snooping around, her hand currently on my fancy looking pencil sharpener, and a wooden pencil in her other hand.

"See, it's hard. I give up on learning it. Hey, why don't we go see River. I'm sure he's awake now. We can add chaotic energy to his concision. It'll help heal him better."

"Wyatt, I was gonna sharpen your pencils for you. Like I always do. But, the pencil wasn't sharpening." She says, holding up the wooden pencil so I can see.

"Yeah, I need a new pencil sharpener, that one's too dull." Hahahahaha I'm about to get fucked.

"Wyatt, there's no blade in this. Someone, removed it."

"Huh, no wonder it didn't work. I think River never gave it back. Ninth grade was a rough year for me."

"Wyatt Tyson Short, did you, or did you not remove this yourself?" Abbey asks, her serious scary look setting into her eyes. I've seen that look before.....

I don't answer. Because I can't lie to her. She knows when I lie, and I physically can't lie to her for more then a week. I'll rat myself out.

Abbey let's put a breath, looking down to my wrists. "Wyatt please tell me you didn't harm yourself." She whispers.

"I... I can't." I whisper. As much as I want to tell her I didn't, I can't. Because I did.

I had a momentary weak moment. But I'm fine now. I'm peachy. Nothing is wrong.

Abbey holds out her hands, after setting down the pencil sharpener and pencil.

I put my hands behind my back, locking my fingers together. "There's no need for that. You already know, why double check the facts?"

"Wyatt, I'm not leaving until you show me your wrists." Abbey says crossing her arms, leaning against my desk. "I've got time." She shrugs.

"Abbey, this isn't fair." I mumble.

"I said the same thing not too long ago, during a certain party. You know the determination you had then, I have the same determination."

I curse under my breath, rolling up my hoodie sleeves, just a few inches.

Abbey however, lovely soul she is, grabbed my left hand, pushing the sleeve up past my elbow, keeping a tight grip on my hand.

"You don't want to move that." I say referring to the very large band-aid I used.

"Yeah, well I don't fucking care." Abbey says before ripping it off, causing me to groan. Who needs arm hair anyway? At least it was the inside of my arm, and not the top.

Abbey gasps, and I just roll my eyes. "Told you."

"Are you fucking suicidal?!" She yells. Oh yeah, let the whole house know, not like I care or anything. "Are you?!"

"No! I had a moment! It's past!" I yell back. She's not the only one who gets to yell.

"We've told you time and time again Wyatt! When you have the urge, to come get anyone one of us! Just do anything but be alone! What the fuck where you thinking?!"

"A bunch of things Abbey!"

She lets go of one of my arms, only to grab the other, shoving that sleeve up to my elbow. Her eyes zero in on the band-aid towards the inside of my elbow.

Before I can say a thing, she's ripped off that band-aid too, causing me to swear again.

"Gosh dammit Wyatt!" Abbey yells.

I pull my arm out of her hands, and pull my sleeves down, right as my dad opens my bedroom door.

"Everything going ok?" He asks, looking between me and Abbey.

"Yes." I say at the same time Abbey says "No."

"Yes?! Wyatt you are not ok!" Abbey yells, tossing my pencil sharpener at dad. "He took the blade out of it Tyler."

"Wyatt, did you..." Dad trails off, his eyes lowering to my wrists.

"I didn't try to fucking kill myself." I mumble, putting my hands in my pockets, trying to keep them out of dad's sight.

"Don't fucking lie Wyatt! Of course you did! No one makes that many cuts and that deep if they wanted to live!" Abbey yells.

"I lost control a little but I didn't want to kill myself!" I really didn't! I just, I don't know! I didn't want to die though. Not currently. I swear it!

Dad's sighs, asking Abbey to leave us alone, then he sits me on my bed. Telling me the same thing he always tells me every time I hurt myself.

*****
Heyo tic tacs

I don't really have much to say, just that if anyone has anything you want to see, like chapter ideas, feel free to private message me, and I'll most likely write it. I've already gotten one lovely brilliant request, so that's what next chapter will be.

I really love the idea of having people give me ideas though, because the one idea I've gotten so far is genius and I would've never come up with it on my own. So I can't wait to write it.

Good day my tac tacs:)