Chapter 32| Wyatt

I wake up, groaning. I didn't sleep well, and am not in the mood this morning.

"Morning sleepyhead." Abbey says softly brushing my hair out of my eyes. She usually just sits in bed and reads quietly while she waits for me to wake up.

I simply groan. I'm not ready to be awake.

My bedroom door suddenly opens, and River's face makes me fully awake. It's just so ugly, it scared the sleep out of me.

"Keely just went out to breakfast with Kai! We've got to stalk them!" He says quickly going to my closet and picking out my outfit, which is sweatpants and a long sleeve dark grey shirt. He throws them at me and goes back to the closet, and throws a pair of my sweatpants at Abbey and one of my hoodies. "Change love birds, and meet me in the car! I know where they're going but we need to leave quickly!"

Hearing Keely's out of the house and in solely Kai's hands, gets me out of bed and throwing the clothes on, and Abbey does the same.

We meet River in the car, and he starts driving. "Where the hell are they going at 8 in the fucking morning?" I groan rubbing my head as a headache set in.

"IHOP for breakfast. I'm glad Keely's leaving her bedroom, but not with him! I would've taken her to IHOP if she wanted to go!" River groans loudly, and laughs. "That's his shitty car!" He points to a old car, two cars ahead of us to the right.

We follow them the rest of the way, and get a table with the perfect view of them. The hostess though it was adorable we were spying on our little sister's date, and gave us a perfect table.

I grin seeing Keely's wear the beanie River knit her. I'm glad she liked it. She wears it all the time, between that and the beanie I got her and embroidered a few flowers onto.

"Ok, I get we hate Kai, but you have to admit Keely looks so adorable and happy with him." Abbey says, referring to the way Keely excitedly writes in her notebook and holds it out for Kai to read. He laughs and writes something down, showing it to Keely.

"I don't trust him still." I say narrowing my eyes at him. He's a bitchface, no more needs to be said.

...

After Keely and Kai's date, us three go back home, and watch Dance Mom with Noah and Keely.

"Oh my gosh! Keely, remember how that one time-" Noah cuts himself off, frowning when Keely doesn't even glance his way, her eyes focused on the tv. "Right, deaf." Noah mumbles to himself.

He writes out what he wanted to say to Keely, and holds it up for her to read, and when she does she laughs mutely. Noah smiles, but when Keely looks back to the tv he frowns.

"Is she going to be deaf forever?" He asks looking between River and I.

"I don't know bud." I say, frowning as well. I don't want Keely being deaf for the rest of her life. She's just a young fifteen year old girl, she shouldn't have lost her hearing like that.

"I hope she can hear again. Because if she can hear again, that means she'll talk. I miss her voice." Noah wipes at his eyes, and my hearts break as I see him start crying.

River opens his arms, and Noah climbs off the couch, walking around Abbey and I and to River, climbing into his arms, and River just hugs him, saying something softly to him that I can't make out.

Keely must have felt Noah getting up from the couch, because she looks over, a confused look on her face. 'What?' She signs to me.

I have to think for a minute before remembering the signs. 'He's... sad.' I don't know why, but signing emotions is hard for me. The whole concept of sign language is so different from English and it gets confusing at times.

Like to sign to someone, asking if they're deaf, you just do the sign for 'you' then the sign for 'deaf' then 'you' again. Instead of 'Are you deaf'. Still, I'm learning sign language, we all are.

Keely frowns at focuses back in on the tv. Her fingers messing with one of her burn wraps on her arm.

I feel like she wanted to say something, but didn't want to have to write it out, so she just stayed silent.

Abbey leans her head against my shoulder, taking hold of my hand with one of hers. "I love you Wyatt."

"I love you too Abs."

*****
Hey tic tacs

Sorry it's shorter then normal. I had about 2,000 words originally, but then realized I somehow switched to River's pov halfway through and so I had to erase what I had originally written. The downside of writing a dual pov book, I constantly mix up chapters and write the wrong pov.

Anyway, I had no idea what I wanted for Wyatt's pov, because I had written my original plan in River's pov when I wasn't supposed to. So I'm just ending this chapter a bit early.

Sorry

#throwkaiinavolcano
(Imma do this every chapter Kai is in now bc I hate him)