A Well Deserved Break

Take Your Heart, Golden Wind

Part 20

SEPTEMBER 1, THURSDAY

After school was done for the day, the Phantom Thief members, Akira, Morgana, Ann, Ryuji and Makoto head to the train access way where the rest of the Phantom Thief members, Giorno, Yusuke and Futaba were waiting.

"There you guys are."Futaba said.

Futaba was sitting on the ground, typing down on her computer while Giorno and Yusuke were behind her.

Ann gasped."Futaba! Did you come here by yourself?"

"Don't worry. Me and Yusuke went to get her."Giorno said.

"Two patronizing beings."Futaba murmured.

"Whadda we do now? Should we go after another big target?"Ryuji said.

"That's important too, but what about that villain in the cognitive world?"Yusuke asked.

"You mean the one with the black mask?"Giorno asked

Makoto nods."It's almost certain that this person exists. What's more, they're inducing mental shutdowns...We certainly can't turn a blind eye."

"Yeah, but we don't got any clues...But! You know how we're totes popular right now!"Ryuji said, changing the topic."Everyone at school's talkin' about us, and not a day goes by when you don't hear about it on TV either! We totally made it big, don'tcha think?"

"True. The ranking on the Phantom Aficionado Website have been crazy too."Ann said.

"You mean this?"Futaba asked.

Futaba types down something and shows whatever is displayed on her screen to Ryuji, who widens his eyes in surprise.

"Huh? What the heck?! First place...Keeps changing by the second!"Ryuji said.

"People are voting around the clock, after all."Futaba said.

"If we go after these guys, I'm sure we'll score some big cash at least once! What would you use money like that for, Akira?"Ryuji said.

Akira put on some thought to it for a while before giving his answer.

"Maybe...An extravagant spree?"Akira said.

"Ooh, yeah! Like enjoying food across the world?"Ann said.

Makoto looks at Futaba."Are you fine with that, Futaba? Even though it's related to what happened to your mother?"

"It's not OK! I'm definitely gonna punch that guy!"Futaba said.

"The culprit forcing mental shutdowns...If you think about it, there's no bigger target than that. If we can change his heart and get a confession outta him, we'll be on top of the world for real."Ryuji said."Should we reveal our identities then? I bet chicks are gonna be all over us!"

"Who, whoa, you want us to show our faces?!"Ann asked."I guess that might be ok?"

"I see. If the true culprit confesses, the existence of the Metaverse will become known. There would be no need for us to remain in hiding in such a questionable manner."Yusuke said.

"I don't think I'm liking this idea. Revealing our identities is risky."Giorno said.

"I agree. Besides, we're not doing this to stand out, you know. "Makoto said.