Out of The Shell

JJBA x Persona 5 Fanfic

Part 19

TIMESKIP

Sunday,August 21

Meanwhile,Akira gets up and heads downstairs.

"Isn't today our deadline for dealing with Medjed?Futaba's still asleep too...This won't be good."Morgana said.

"Hey."Sojiro said.

"What's up?"Akira said.

"There's something I came to do.Today's the day Wakaba passed.I do this every year."Sojiro said as he placed a cup of coffe on the table.

"Here.I've got a cup for you too."Sojiro said as Akira sits down and drinks his coffee.

"Futaba reminds me of her mother.She's a smart girl.Doesn't just go with the flow,either.Wakaba...your work and your kid were so fulfilling for you...why'd you have to die so suddenly?That reminds me,you saw me talking to that prosecutor-I mean,that woman in a suit,right?I remembered you were bothered by it.She might come back,so I guess I should tell you about it.She was trying to get information on Wakaba's research out of me."Sojiro said.

"That's what we heard in the Palace."Morgana said.

"You don't know what the research was about.Just know there was some trouble around it.Obviously,Wakaba got dragged into that as well.Now,they ruled her death a suicide...but I've got my doubts."Sojiro said.

"Doubts?Could she have been killed?"Morgana asked.

"Supposedly,there were people who wanted to take her research and use it for their own benefit.Don't get me wrong though,I don't have a lick of evidence.That's why I haven't told Futaba any of this.I don't want to cause her any trouble.It was right before Wakaba's death when she told me,"I think I might die."I thought it was just a joke but if only I had taken her seriously...That's another reason I took Futaba in...Redemption.She went through such horrible things.Those heartless adults yelling at the poor girl.Hey...how do you heal emotional scars?"Sojiro asked.

"They'll heal on their own eventually."Akira said.

"I agree.I'm waiting for it to happen but..."Sojiro stops talking as he hears his door open.To his surprise,it was Futaba.

"Futaba?!"Sojiro said.

Futaba made no reply and immediately sat on a chair and sipped a cup of coffee.

"It's cold."Futaba said.

"Huh?"Sojiro said.

"You can't sell this!"Futaba said.

"N-Never mind that...How did you get here?"Sojiro asked.

"Uh...I walked."Futaba said.

"You're ok?!"Sojiro said.

"Was that bad?"Futaba said.

"Th-That's not it!I'm just surprised to see you going outside."Sojiro said.

"Um...I'm sorry I worried you."Futaba said.

"It's all right."Sojiro said.

"By the way,what's the date today?"Futaba asked.

"Eh?It's,uh...it's the 21st.Hang on,let me check the calendar."Sojiro said

Sojiro then goes at the back to find the calendar.