Chapter 5: An Unexpected Betrayal of Loyalty

Zim's POV: 

Stupid junk, this wasn't supposed to happen. I didn't mean to make this big of an 'explosion' but of course it happened anyways.  I decided to let GIR know that plan uh...plan...well I guess I didn't have time to find the right title exactly or whatever those hyoomans call it. And to think, just a few minutes ago the Dib-stink would've tried to stop me if I told him what my plans were. Foolish junk it really is foolish junk. "GIR, mission uh 'Explosive' has been shut down until further notice! You must come and get Zim and take us home as well!" Unfortunately for me, the Dib and Y/N-human had noticed me and since there was nothing else I could do I decided to run. 

"Hey! Stop right there, where do you think you're going?!" I heard the Dib-beast yell out for me. "DIB!" I heard a sweet voice call out suddenly. "Just leave him alone and let him run for now, we'll question him later, possibly tomorrow." the voice stated behind me as I ran at a distance, I already knew who the voice had belonged to. GAH! What is this feeling? Zim should have no such feeling as this sickeningly sweet one. Why does my squeedlyspooch feel this way? Zim should feel no emotions, we Irkens are not defectives like other races such as the smelly hyoomans. "MASTER! I'M ON MY WAY TO GET CHUUU!" I suddenly heard the voice of my assistant or 'servant' if you'd even call him that. He was more like an annoying child that nobody would want to care for. "Yes GIR, I can see your dust now hurry up! Zim must get back to the lab and continue his testing if he ever wants this mission to succeed! Oh and also for The Tallest of course. " I stated waiting impatiently for my companion. I had stopped running so GIR could easily spot me in my usual attire except for my disguise. 

"GIR! There you are, I was getting worried those smelly hyoomans would finally get ahold of the almighty Zim. Next time be faster!" I screeched as I hopped onto him. "SIR YES SIR!" GIR stated as we flew out of there. That was a close one, hopefully the Y/N-human will be with the Dib-beast once he comes for Zim and 'questions' my great antics. If she's there then that means I might get off with a 'slap on the wrist' or whatever these smelly pig brains call it. I must get back to my base and inform the Tallest of Zims failure so I can come up with better ideas next time. 

Once inside my base I decided to change back into Irken form and finally call my Tallest after a few weeks of radio silence. 

~Meanwhile on the Irken Armada~ (3rd person)

It's been a few weeks since Zim has called the Armada and the leaders sort of forgot about him until they were caught up in some 'bantering' (more like slandering) about their invaders. "Hey, Purple, do you remember Invader Zim?" Reds curious eyes glistened over towards Purples donut stuffed face. "Jim?" Purples response was muffled but Red was still able to easily make out the response. "No, Zim, the tiny one who screamed like all the time? And demanded a mission from us?" Reds response suddenly made Purples antennas twitch at the memory and thought. "Oh wait, Zim! We hate him!" Purple said through his food stuffed mouth. "Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't heard from him in about...4 weeks? Usually he reports his 'urthly findings' to us." Red chortled in delight at the thought of him and Purple holding back laughter every time Zim would speak to them. 

Just then, a transmission from 'Earth' popped on the screen. But since the two leaders were too caught up in their silly antics, they didn't realize that one had accidentally pressed the button that allowed the call to transfer through. "Maybe Zim finally realized that we only gave him a mission just to get him out of our way." Red snorted, remembering Zim's silly enthusiastic face. "Or maybe he's just too stupid to realize that we don't really care about his stupid urthly findings and what he has to say. Also that his mission was a 'fake mission' that plan was hilarious!" Purple and Red indulged in laughter, without realizing a certain Irken was listening in.

"Hello my Tallest, it is I Zim. I'm glad that my 'silly antics' were hilarious to you." Zim broke the silence while the two of them stared in shock as they looked up to see Zim. "Wait, wait, wait, Zim?! H-how much of that did you hear? And how did your transmission even get through?" Purple finally finished his food and stuttered slightly. "You must've pressed the button on accident, and Zim is glad that you did so he could now see that Zim was a joke to you." Red practically choked on his drink while Purple eyed him with a 'WHAT DO I DO?!' look. 

"Since this has all be sorted out, I, Invader Zim, will be signing off. For the last time." And with that, Zim ended the call quicker than the Tallest had a chance to try and play it off. Not that they even could. "Wow, that must've been pretty harsh for Zim to hear." Purple had never felt empathy towards Zim, in fact, he hated the little Irken. But when Zim heard them talking smack about him, then there was a twinge of guilt in both of them, one they never noticed was there. They both looked into each other with empty eyes, wondering if they should call back and explain. "Just a few minutes ago we didn't care, why should we apologize he's finally gone. Right?" Red tried to lighten the mood with a bit of 'banter' but Purple wasn't in the mood. 

~Back to Zim's POV~

Is that really all my Tallest think of me as? I guess they were right about me. I was really stupid for believing that I could ever be one of Irks finest invaders. I guess since I really know the truth I should probably just quit my mission, since after all, like the Tallest said it was a fake mission and that's the cold hard truth. Maybe I should just stay in my base tomorrow and work on some inventions to help distract myself. Yeah, I'll do that. 

A/N: Hey everyone! You get a chapter that not only is in Zim's POV but also views the Tallest as well! Sorry it took so long for me to upload this, I was super busy and just unmotivated. Luckily though, I have recovered from Covid so I should be feeling better about writing. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I know it was kinda long but I kinda wanted this chapter to have a 'deep dive' into Zim and to take the focus off of Y/N and Dib for once. Signing off for now, ConfusedMiku. (1177 words)