entry two

ENTRY02;
boredom

━━━━━━━━

DATE; march 28, XXXX

          IT HAS FELT like forever since that man came to the shop. things have been going rather slow as of late, orders are becoming despondent and frankly nonexistent; there have been a few cheery patrons coming in, like that one man with the curled locks and large-rimmed bifocals.

besides that, the store has been empty. it worries me, the fate of my tiny little shop is dependent on these orders. I'm scared to think that one day the landlord just decides to pop in to tell me that she's evicting me. I'm growing nervous as well, the monthly rent is drawing near and I barely have enough money to keep myself afloat- much less keep the store afloat.

I just wish that man or some kind of miracle would walk into my store and save me. 
I must be a child if I wish that much, maybe I should take on another job?━

━━━━

MY ATTENTION is pulled away from my writing when the bell to the store chimes and lo' and behold, he stands by the door; beige coat dusted and void of wrinkles, hair long- yet silky from where I could see and suit peeking from underneath the coat. 

I stand still, mouth agape at the sheer coincidence that is he. 

he looks around the shop and walks to a pot of rosemarie's, he picks up the pot and heads to another. as he makes his way around the shop, I am quick to stand up to my feet, plucking out the small hand-mirror out my pocket, I check my appearance; my hair is unkempt and stray strands are left to hang down to frame my face, my complexion dreary and my lips chapped.

I frown 'at what point did I let it get this bad?' I am quick to fix my appearance, though I lack the necessary tools to do any sort of luxurious makeup, I do have enough to fix my hair and make my lips moist. I have no tools to make myself look any-less like a ghost though, I regret leaving my makeup bag at home.

I have no more time to waste on regrets when the unknown man emerges out the aisles, he walks over with various flowers all arranged disheveled and rather displeasing to the eye. the sight made me wince, atleast now I know he is not much for design.

I smile politely, internalizing my squeals as he draws near.

"I'd like to purchase these if you don't mind."

"sure thing sir!" of course I don't mind you beautiful man!

I commend myself for resisting the urge to stutter. I get quick to work at counting the price, I am shocked to find the total price is larger than I expected 'holy- 500 dalcs?!' I purse my lips, looking worriedly at the male who seems confused at my glances. he tilts his head, a smile present. I resist the urge to scream.

"hmm? is something wrong miss?"

I end up stuttering "a-ah! n-no, uh, its just, the price is kind of.." I turn the monitor to him, showing him the price. the flowers he picked were recently imported from japan, I had raised the prices up for those specific few due to how much trouble and costs it was to order those for my shop.