entry eight

ENTRY08;
things happen in movies

━━━━━━━━

THE THEATER   was quiet. save for the occasional chatter from the audience. however I don't remember what movie yuri had chose for the date, I was far too busy with looking at his face and I'm ashamed I had to admit that. mom did say I should always tell the truth.

"is this our seats?" he bends down to my height, pointing to one of the seats in the far back. his warm breath fanning my ear making me shiver and tingle. I compose myself and nod, he grins - surprising me when he takes my hand in his and leads me to the seats. 'how is he so bold! ack-' he allows me to take a seat first before taking the seat just beside me. somehow, I'm acutely aware of the way our shoulders touched the minute we sat down.

and the fact he hasn't let go of my hand yet.

I flush red. I've been doing that quite alot haven't I?

'should I tell him to let go?- why is it so warm, its feels nice, his hands are big wow - wonder what it's like if he hu-' I bit my lip aggressively, almost breaking skin. 'SNAP OUT OF IT [NAME]. IT'S JUST A MOVIE DATE, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!' I glance over towards yuri. a childlike gleam was in his eye as he stared straight ahead, he seemed the most excited for this movie.

"oh, by the way what mo-" "shh! its starting!" yuri presses his finger to his lips and points to the wide screen in front. I look at him with wide eyes for a moment before chuckling, amused. turning to the wide screen - a few ads and upcoming movie trailers pass and then suddenly the screen turned black.

the movie then starts to play and I am red in the face once I realize what he had picked. 'a romance.. ' somehow, I feel as though the movie greatly correlated to our current situation. the movie explored the adventures of a woman named bonnie and how she was pining for a man named tom. throughout the whole movie, I could easily define what kind of character 'bonnie' is and it scared me how similar we were in terms of personality.

bonnie was very reserved, running her own little bookshop just a few ways away from where tom worked. he'd visit her once, which was where the movie began - tom visiting bonnie and bonnie falling for him almost instantly. as the movie went on, I was extremely aware of how yuri would occasionally wince whenever tom would do something reckless that could have ultimately cost his relationship with bonnie.

tom was a hard case to explain, he was an adrenaline seeker yet he came off as calm and mundane. to say him and bonnie were an.. odd match would be putting it lightly.

I pursed my lips, suddenly my throat felt awfully dry. I tap on yuri's shoulder and I immediately catch his attention. for a moment, his ruby-red eyes surprise me due to its overwhelming vibrancy. I compose myself and lean in to whisper in his ear "I'm gonna go out to buy some drinks, would you like me to get you anything?" I lean back and he looks off for a moment, thinking over his choices.

he grasps my hand and he pulls me close "I'd like some popcorn if that's alright." he smiles warmly at me. for a moment, I forget we were in a theater. I nod thoughtlessly and my eyes glance at his lips for a second - such a pretty shade of pink, did he put on lipstick? no, he didn't seem like the type so it must be a natural color. I flush, nodding surely before I stood up quietly to leave.