entry six

ENTRY06;
how long till I see you

━━━━━━━━

ANOTHER DAY   another helpless wait. it seems like everyday has become a game of cat and mouse. only problem is, I'm the cat and there is no mouse. at first, I never minded waiting, he was just another handsome face visiting the shop after all. but he started coming more and more and every time after each visit ━ he's left me seeking him out even more.

its come to the point that his visits are becoming an obsession. it's unhealthy for me, but I wasn't dumb enough to stay focused on a man who I know I have no chance with. as much as I'd love to know where my chances lie, it's safe to say this waiting game is becoming tiring for me.

'alright! its been almost two months [name], you can't stay stuck on the same guy for long. we don't want a repeat with jeremy now do we?' I shudder at the thought of jeremy. a guy whom I had been hopelessly chasing for two years only to find out he was engaged the whole time.

it was heartbreaking and extremely embarrassing. especially the part where I almost had a run in with his fiancé. 

'if he doesn't walk through this door right now, then I'm giving up on him - for real this time' I bit my bottom lip. a part of me thinks this is only a waste of time and if yuri did walk through that door I still wouldn't know what to do - sure it would be a miracle if he indeed did show up [a miracle like all the other times hes shown up] however, its been almost a month since I've met him, we've only ever spoken in this shop or in the café and even then they were only talks about work related topics.

scratching my head, I sighed the second time today and went out of the counter. picking up the watering can from its stand, I went to work with watering the flowers - caring for the flowers had always been my way of relaxing when a certain topic got too much for me to handle. my life had never been that stressful to begin with but it seemed ever since I had met yuri, that began to change.

though that stress mostly involved me wondering when and how I'll meet yuri. maybe in the shop? the café? or somewhere else? that is what I wonder daily, IF and WHEN he does visit.

the chime of the bell alerted me of another living presence in my store and for a moment - my mind drifts to the ruby eyed man. I am sadly and blatantly disappointed to find a man who was not yuri and did not bear any sort of resemblance to him. the man before me was short, shorter than me by an inch. his hair was puffed up and curled but desperately tried to comb it back as he wandered around shop looking at the flowers.

I release yet another sigh, shoulders slumping as I resumed with watering the hydrangeas before me. they were blue, like the feeling I was experiencing at the moment. I smile softly at the cluster of petals and stood up straighter walked back to my station behind the counter to wait for the man to finish his picking.

a few minutes go by and I am tending to my spring rose. over the past few days my single bloom had increased into three, I had hoped to give one to yuri the next time he visited - I had already compiled a bouquet for him as well. 

but its been a month, though its no less different than the first time - hes been so constant with his visits that him suddenly stopping had disheartened me greatly. again with the yuri talk, I need to get a grip.