entry ten

ENTRY10;
a nights end with 
needless worry

━━━━━━━━

THE PARADE   had ended and the people dispersed as soon as it did. as such, both yuri and I left to end the day at that. it had gotten late and work would start in the early hours of the day tomorrow, neither of us could afford to be tardy but it didn't mean I wasn't sad about our date ending.

it may have been rocky by the end but atleast it was enjoyable enough. yuri held my hand faintly as we made our way down my street, even after the parade ended our hands were still interlocked as if we weren't even planning on letting go. silence surrounded us, with only the sound of the crickets and the soft breeze of air to fill the gap.

streetlights casted fading warmth on our bodies and with the attack of the chill from the night, I am forced to lean into yuri's side who stays silent as our bodies collide. I flush, maybe from the cold or maybe it was because I was so close to yuri? either way, my cheeks burned a vibrant hue.

the more we walked, the more I became familiar of our surroundings. this was the street where I live after all and it seemed that we were growing closer and closer towards my home.

I bit my lip and stopped walking, yuri did so aswell considering he was holding my hand just now. he looked at me confused, walking closer - he places a hand on my shoulder "[name]? whats the matter? are you alright, we're close to your house so I'm sure you can rest once we're there." his voice exhibited comfort and I could only relax when his thumb soothed my shoulder blade.

"I.." I start, looking up at him with a turn of my head "I don't want the night to end yet." yuri looked down at me surprised. he places a hand over his mouth and looked down. he was trembling slightly making me worriedly place my hands on his shoulders "yuri? are you okay?" 

he looked back up at me and sighed into his palm, swiftly - he dragged the hand that covered his mouth up to sweep back his hair before looking in the direction behind me. 

"would you, like to spend some more time.. with me?" he asked slowly, as if he was unsure of his own question. my eyes sparkle knowing he did not want the night to end as well, I nod eagerly and grasp his hand tightly. "I would love to!" I place a hand over my mouth and gasp, coughing into it, I look away shyly and pat down my outfit "I- I mean, ahem, I'd love to." yuri chuckles, he looks over down at his watch to check the time.

it was well past 9pm, we had spent a majority of 5 hours with each other and yet I'm asking him to spend some more time with me.

"would you uh, like to go in for some tea?" he contemplated for a moment before turning to me and nodded. my inner-self squeals and I giddily lead him to the direction of my home, the minute we reached the building in which my apartment resided - I suddenly felt conscious of yuri's perspective of my home.

I was never the richest and my family was average at best in terms of financial stability. compared to them, I had worked soullessly just to maintain both my shop and my home so it wasn't extravagant by any means.

we enter my apartment, it was cozy and warm but it seemed normal. it was smaller than most apartments considering I lived alone. I awkwardly allow yuri into my home and prepare tea, it was nerve-wracking to say the least. I've never allowed anyone, much less a man, into my home for the majority of my stay in this humble apartment.