𝟓𝟏. Cycle

"It smells so good!" Leah exclaimed, giggling as the wind blew her hair blew across her face.

"Be careful, would you?" Blaze hovered at her side, watched her like a hawk.

She was half leaning over the railing of the balcony, basking in the stiff breeze that carried in off the sea.

"Yeah, if you go over you're pretty much done for." Said Liam sitting with Draco's side at the small table.

"Pretty much?" Blaze scoffed. "That's a three-storey fall. She'll be 'pretty much' dead."

"I say let her go for it." Valentine muttered.

"Hmm. The mess though?" Liam mussed.

"Worth the silence."

"Look!" Leah gestured to the hair pulled over her lip, twisting it like a moustache. "Good day, sir!"

"You may be right," Liam admitted. "Push her on three?"

"Hey!" Blaze objected. "If anyone pushing Leah it's me!"

"I don't you know how the whole dating thing works." Liam frowned. "Boyfriends generally don't want their girlfriends to fall to their deaths."

"Yeah, well, most guys aren't dating that freak." Blaze gestured to Leah who threw her arms up in the air, flapping them manically.

"Look! I'm a seagull!"

"You know, Blaze," Valentine sighed. "Sometimes you actually make sense."

"Thanks?" Blaze squinted at her, trying to decipher the insult from the compliment.

The five of them found themselves at the Zambini Manor just as they had discussed before the school year had ended. With recent events, the mood had been somewhat sombre, but Leah was excited enough for the rest of them. The girl had been carrying on like this was the first time she'd ever stepped a foot outside since they'd all started arriving just under an hour ago.

We should all just be thankful that Draco and I didn't have to be the one to ask Voldemort's permission to leave Malfoy Manor. Snape's creepy has nothing on that freak of nature. Just being around him makes me sick.

Blaze had assured them that they could stay for as long as they wanted, even if it was the entire summer. Valentine didn't think that Voldemort would object to that seeing how Blaze's parents were also Death Eaters and he could find them at any time. But Valentine also didn't like leaving Narcissa alone in that big mansion with someone who didn't care whether she lived or died. She has decided that she would probably leave before to long, the problem was getting Draco to stay at the Zambini Manor where he would be somewhat safer.

"Did you hear about Fudge?" Said Liam.

"You mean the Minister?" Asked Blaze.

"Yeah." Liam nodded. "He's stepping down. My grandfather told me all about it."

"It's to be expected. He filled the papers with propaganda and mislead a nation." Valentine shrugged. "It's only a matter of time before he would have been forced out of office."

And the coward deserves no less.

"Well, it was fun watching Potter get trashed while it lasted, right Draco?" Liam elbowed the boy beside him.

Draco hadn't been listening, mind wandering off on its own.

"Hmm?" He blinked absentmindedly. "Uh, right."

"Did your grandfather mention who was going to take over?" Blaze came over to the table and sat down in the last chair beside Valentine.

"Rufus Scrimgeour, I think he said." Liam thought back to the conversation.