Chapter Twenty-Nine

Once I was alone in the dressing room, the apprehension I felt at having Grayson spend money on me gave way to excited anticipation. Throwing myself into his power hadn't steered me wrong so far in our relationship. It wouldn't hurt to do it again. That said, what he'd chosen wasn't my usual style. I preferred pastels. This was a deep merlot cocktail dress with only a single wide, ruffled shoulder strap. The hem sat high on my thighs while standing. If it rode up when I sat down, I'd have to protect my modesty with my purse. It also didn't escape my notice that Grayson hadn't sent me into the dressing room with a bra. A cute pair of matching red panties, sure, but it seemed he expected me to lose the bra completely. I couldn't even wear the one I'd brought with me because the straps ruined the whole vibe of the dress.

I stuffed my clothes and shoes unceremoniously into the store bag, stepped into the matching deep red kitten heels, and took a deep breath.

Okay, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

It was a million times better than the ridiculous black dress I'd worn to the club. Definitely more appropriate for dinner. Still way too short, but if Grayson was going to be getting me out of it shortly after we got home, then that wouldn't be an issue for long.

True to his word, he'd waited outside for me to get ready. Thankfully, I always brought makeup with me and could touch up my foundation in the car before we left. Grayson handed back my purse and took the store bag instead.

"You look beautiful."

My face turned almost as red as the dress. "Well, you chose it."

"Kitten, you'd have looked beautiful in anything. It's not the dress. It's you."

Wordlessly, I took his hand and pressed my lips together to hide my broadening smile. It felt silly to be so happy over a compliment, but every time Grayson called me beautiful or something of that kind, it made me all fuzzy inside. It was certainly enough to put a spring in my step as we returned to the car. Grayson put the bag in the trunk while I settled in my seat, my shoes tapping excitedly in the footwell. My stomach had started to gurgle. I was eager for dinner. It had to be somewhere good. Grayson wouldn't have wanted me all dressed up if we were just going to some crappy chain restaurant.

When he joined me in the car, I didn't have time to thank him again for the gift, nor to ask where we were headed. Grayson leaned over and claimed my mouth in a deep, longing kiss. One hand cradled the back of my head while the other skimmed my thigh. It crept higher until Grayson's fingers brushed the decadent fabric aside. I parted my legs, only vaguely aware that anyone might pass the car while we sat motionless in the parking lot. The taste of him was too intoxicating to ignore for the sake of decorum and modesty. It was only when his fingers touched me intimately that he broke our kiss to speak.

"Would you mind if I cancelled dinner?" he asked.

"Yes." I pouted. "You got me dressed up all fancy. You can't cancel our date because your dick needs some attention."

Grayson's finger slipped beneath the lace and caressed my womanhood. "I don't think I'm the only one who needs attention, Kitten." The flick of a finger against my clit made my legs tense. "And you were begging for it in the kitchen this morning."

I placed a hand on his thick, strong arm and closed my eyes. God, it would've been so easy to give in to the idea of skipping the restaurant in favor of Grayson fucking me until all I felt was the heavenly bliss of orgasm. If he hadn't bothered with the dress and all the pageantry of preparing me for the date, I might have told him to bend me over in the backseat to give me what I'd craved since breakfast.

The tender moans tumbled from my parted lips as he rolled his finger against my clit. My hips lifted from the seat and my nipples hardened, the peaks visible through the dress. Grayson pushed the delicate panties to one side and traced a line down to my entrance. I didn't need to open my eyes to know that he was smiling. I could feel his amusement rolling from him in waves as he broke my resolve with one firm thrust of his finger.