Chapter 17 - Extended family

Okay, remember how I said that this next chapter would be drama, well when I went to look at my outline, I realized I have a one more "fun" chapter before we get to that. So enjoy!

And it is now the busiest time of year in the kitchen for me, Thanksgiving! Not only will my Aunt and Uncle with their three sons be over, it will be Baye's first time meeting them

But before they come, me and My Little Helper are cooking up a storm. "Kelley, can I cut the potatoes?"

Goodness, that nickname. The boys make fun of me with it, but when it comes out of Baylor's mouth, it's sorta cute.

"No, Baby Doll. I think Big Brother would be quite mad if he saw you cutting things up."

We hear Kingston from the dining room, "Yes, he would be!"

That makes Baylor laugh, her cute little dimples showing. "But I know what you can do. You may pour all the ingredients in this bowl and then stir it up, and we will put it in a pan. We can put it in the oven, and then we will have us a beautiful cake to decorate." She jumps up and down while her hands flap in excitement.

I go behind her where she stands on a chair to be above the counter, I kiss her head, "I'm so happy you love cooking with me. None of these other hooligans like helping. And they sure don't like cleaning it up."

She shakes her head. "I never said I was cleaning up. I said I was cooking."

I start to tickle her sides, "Oh you little stinker, you're going to be doing some dishes."

She's laughing so hard I see tears coming out her eyes. "Okay I'll help! I'll hellllppp!" I give her a tight squeeze and let her go back to what she was doing.

After putting the ingredients into the pan then oven, I go to cutting up the vegetables while Baylor watches.

When the silence lasted too long and I thought she left, until Baylor squeezed me from behind, "I love you."

Man, those three words that I'll never take for granted. Tears well up in my eyes as I smile. "I love you too, Baby Doll."

"