Chapter 20 - Shooting up

TW: guns and bullets are used in this chapter. (Trying not to let on too much)

I wake up to a big boom, and my room lighting up

Storms.

I. Hate. Storms.

They remind me too much of Frank. The yelling and loud noises he made. So when another loud boom rumbles through my bed room, I scream. I don't know what else to do. Maybe if I'm louder I won't hear it.

My door slams open, and my brothers, some with guns, run to me. Some searching my room.

Archer comes to me and picks me up, shielding me with his body. "What's wrong?"

"I don't like the storm. Too loud." I whimper.

My brothers let go of a big breath, all of them now look relieved. I ask, "What?"

Kingston bends down in front of me. "Baylor, Honey, that scream scared us quite a bit. We thought something was dangerously wrong. Next time there is a storm, please just come to one of us rather than giving us a heart attack. We love you very much so we don't want anything happening to you." He kisses my forehead.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, big brother."

"I know you didn't, Bubs." He picks me up under my arm pits. "Come on, let's go to sleep in my room."

The boys all go back to their respective rooms to lay down. Kingston lays me down beside him, BoBo in between us. He cuddles me closely, rubbing a hand up and down my back.

After thirty minutes, I'm still awake and not going to sleep anytime soon.

That's the thing with autism, sometimes I sleep really well at night and sometimes I don't sleep at all, which makes it for an irritable next day.

"Baylor, can you try to sleep? You have school in a couple of hours, baby."

"No, I can't sleep. I'm not tired anymore." You can't make me sleep if I'm not tired.

"Just close your eyes."

"Nooo. I'm not tired." Just because I close my eyes doesn't make me want to sleep.

"Ok, okay. Let's try to watch a movie, eh?"

Kingston puts on Disney plus for me to pick a movie out. I choice my favorite movie so far, the greatest showman. Bad movie to pick to go to sleep because I'm just going to sing all the songs. Sorry, big brother.

About thirty minutes into the movie, the door opens and no other than Asher comes in. "Can I watch with you?"

Kingston looks at him, "Yeah buddy, everything alright?"

Bubba nods. "Yeah just couldn't sleep well. You know, insomnia."

Kingston moves me over to middle more so Asher can get on the other side of me. It's a good thing he has a king size bed, or we would be squished.