ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜

Chapter 4 - A Second Padawan

"In the coolness of your shadow"

~*~

    "I request that I train Princess Aurelia, Master Windu." Obi-Wan Kenobi suggested before the Jedi Council. "I understand that to train more than one padawan at once is against the Jedi Code, but I have seen firsthand what kind of power she wields and I know what happens in the Force when her power fluctuates."

    The Council members gave each other glances in thought, wondering what their judgment should be. "I'm not sure." Mace Windu mumbled, deep in thought as his hand held his chin. "I understand you have been with her every day since the rescue?"

    "Yes. She is still too foreign to everything and everyone here. Different species and races of people scare her, especially the medical droids. It's a lot for her to take in. Coming from a world that is so separate from the Republic and isolated to only themselves, she is overwhelmed by everything. She's only confided in me and Anakin when we visit her in the hospital." He explained, trying to get his point across. It had been exactly a week since they had arrived on Coruscant from their risky rescue mission. Although Aurelia had seen Yoda that once, and had taken comfort in his strange way of speaking and his wise words, she still didn't trust anyone but Obi-Wan and Anakin. She had told him that.

    "I don't want to see another one of those...those...machines!" She shouted, throwing a pillow at the door as a medical droid exited just in time. Obi-Wan and Anakin were at her bedside, looking upon her with sorrowful eyes as they saw her fear and confusion lacing her expression. "They're too frightening! They look like World War I soldiers with gas masks."

    "World War I?" Anakin began to ask but was quickly cut off by his Master's hand gesture.

    Obi-Wan grabbed her hand and cupped it between his own. "It's all right, Aurelia. We'll just have nurses and doctors come in then. But droids are a part of our lives out in the grand galaxy." He exaggerated with his hands. "They help us with chores and even function as extra calculable situations. They are talking computers, if you may."

    Obi-Wan's soft tone and small gestures eased her mind and body, bringing her eyes to a sweet dilation. "Do they all look like that?" She asked.

    Anakin snickered at that, which caught her confused attention. "No. They don't." He answered, minding a softer tone. "They come in all shapes and sizes. I built one myself when I was younger. I was a bit of a tinker." His giggle brought a smile to her face.

    "Really?"

    "Yeah. He was a protocol droid, fluent in over six million forms of communication." Anakin told her.